How many interviews to get at least ONE Offer ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tylermall1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

How many interviews will get you at least ONE offer ?
Does anybody knows the rule of thumb ?

Thanks for reply

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know a rule of thumb, because you could have the greatest stats in the world but if you come off as a pompous ass in an interview, 10 interviews could get you zero offers...only advice I have is to do a lot of mock interviews, spend a lot of time preparing for each school, come up with answers about any weaknesses, strengths, why medicine, why that school, etc...if you can prepare really well, you can feasibly get 1 offer from 1 interview...then again, if I were to venture a guess, I think if you have 4-5 interviews, as long as you don't say anything ridiculous one school may just want to see that you can communicate in complete sentences using more than monosyllabic words...but more likely than not, there is no formula...attend every interview you get an invite for until you get an acceptance and just start preparing now for interview questions...good luck

nobody can tell you this because it is unknowable...there is no magic number of interviews - for some, one is enough, and for others, 10 is not enough...all you can do in the app process is everything you can to maximize your chances...

I'd say 4 unless you feel you're a very below-average interviewer.