How many months for NAPLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

naplexnaplex

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi how many months you studied for NAPLEX? I am graduating this May, and I am trying to figure out how many months I should study for NAPLEX to pass in my first try. I am very week in calculations.
 
Measuring study time in months is overkill. As long as you were a decent student, a couple of weeks is more than enough. I ended up borrowing a used copy of the RxPrep book and flipped through it over a weekend. Remember that it's a minimum competency exam.

If you're weak in calculations, there's a big set of practice calculation problems floating around on here somewhere that's pretty useful. Use the search function and you should probably be able to find it.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How important HIV/Oncology/AIDS topics are for NAPLEX 2014? What are the chances of passing NAPLEX without studying those chapters?
 
How important HIV/Oncology/AIDS topics are for NAPLEX 2014? What are the chances of passing NAPLEX without studying those chapters?

Not very important, just glance over it. It may or may not be on the exam. It wasn't on mine. I'd focus on calculations and the more common conditions e.g., hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, etc. Although if you're planning to take the CA law exam, HIV is on that.
 
couldn't get a test date at a nearby enough site till about a month and a half after graduation so that was my study time. was already a grad intern so as long as i didnt take a redonk amout of time to take it, work didnt care
 
So, these chapters are not very much important. Are lab values given in NAPLEX exams? or we have to memorization.
 
For the most part - if you fail the school you went to failed you in your education - study calculations - other than that - I spent two weeks studying a few hours a day and got a 131