How many % of Plant biology is in the Bio section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jh58698n

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi my future collegues,

I am not very fond on the plant biology. However, I like human Biology.If I disregard the plant bio, and focus on the human bio only, do you think I can still do well on the biology section of the DAT? I am using Kaplan blue book to study for the plant bio. It only brifly mentions the plant bio. Is there a book that I can use to study plant bio? How many percent of plant biology is in the bio section? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

jh58698n said:
Hi my future collegues,

I am not very fond on the plant biology. However, I like human Biology.If I disregard the plant bio, and focus on the human bio only, do you think I can still do well on the biology section of the DAT? I am using Kaplan blue book to study for the plant bio. It only brifly mentions the plant bio. Is there a book that I can use to study plant bio? How many percent of plant biology is in the bio section? Thanks

I had no plant biology questions but I wouldn’t consider that the norm as most people say they have at least one or two.

cowsgomoo said:
I had no plant biology questions but I wouldn’t consider that the norm as most people say they have at least one or two.

Thanks

I have no choice but to do very well on my DAT. And because of this, I will study plant biology. However, I'm not using Text Books for this section. I'll just use something like Schaum's Outlines, since it covers plant biology in two chapters (which are relatively short).

My take on the situation: If I'm asked anything on the DAT about plant bio or ecology for that matter - I'm willing to bet that it would be covered by something like Schaum's Outlines. SO's is detailed (don't be fooled), but it's to the point - which is important.

Hope this helps someone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Three-Oh said:
I have no choice but to do very well on my DAT. And because of this, I will study plant biology. However, I'm not using Text Books for this section. I'll just use something like Schaum's Outlines, since it covers plant biology in two chapters (which are relatively short).

My take on the situation: If I'm asked anything on the DAT about plant bio or ecology for that matter - I'm willing to bet that it would be covered by something like Schaum's Outlines. SO's is detailed (don't be fooled), but it's to the point - which is important.

Hope this helps someone!

Please, let us know your scores once you're done with the test. ;)

dat_student said:
Please, let us know your scores once you're done with the test. ;)

what do you mean by this? and why? i mean those questions in a good way

Three-Oh said:
what do you mean by this? and why? i mean those questions in a good way

Thanks a lot. You have given a lot of advice and I am just very interested to know how well you'll perform.

Three-Oh said:

Hope this helps someone!

Great, Thanks!

I had no plant biology or ecology.

All my questions sucked. Lots on enzymatic function, muscles, embryology and genetics(5).