How many practice tests per week? MCAT August 24th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZRobbins

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT is in a few short weeks, and I'm obviously getting pretty nervous.
My plan has been to take 3 full lengths per week in the next two weeks (which I did last week as well). I've read that people don't recommend more than 1 FL per week- is that true? Am I going to burn out if I take this many practice exams?

In between exams I've been reviewing questions I've gotten wrong and ones I guessed on, continuing content review (especially chem, physics, and biochem), and working through the section banks, reviewing concepts when I get questions wrong or guess.

Where I'm at:
502 half length NS diagnostic before content review
512 NS FL1 after content review
76% EK FL1 (64% C/P, 85% CARS, 73% Bio, 83% P/S)
Approx Scaled 514 AAMC Sample (80% C/P, 89% CARS, 83% Bio, 92% P/S)
87% AAMC Bio question pack

I have little concept of whether or not I'm where I should be two and a half weeks before my exam. Any advice? Am I on the right track? Is scoring a 516+ unrealistic at this point?

Any help would be appreciated!
-A Very Nervous Pre-Med

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Finish the section banks, CARS q-packs, AAMC tests, and question packs. This plus 1 FL per week is a better strategy.

You'll burn out with more than 1 FL per week and won't be doing the best materials.

Reactions: 1 users
Killing it. Keep it up, 2 FL per week should be a good number

Reactions: 1 users
If you are doing three per week, chances are you arent spending enough time reviewing each one

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do one of those AAMC scored ones to figure out the range you are at. Those are pretty accurate predictors of where you stand and you can patch up your weaknesses during these last few weeks before the actual test. Just my two cents. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, I took AAMC FL1 this week and scored a 517, so I'm really hoping that it's an accurate predictor of my score. Now I'm doing the section banks and really struggling, so I'm trying not to get too discouraged.
I'm planning on doing two FLs next week instead of three and continuing work on the section banks and q-packs.
Thanks for the input!