How many practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Higher

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many AAMC practice exams did you all take before the BIG DAY?

Members don't see this ad.

How many AAMC practice exams did you all take before the BIG DAY?

Take all of the AAMC exams if that's what you have access to. I'm not sure why two posters have said 9, because AAMC 11 wasn't available until just recently and now that 11 is out, 6 is gone. I thought it was 8 total.

If you can take between 10 and 12 full length CBTs spread over your last five weeks of preparing, that will be perfect. There are several threads on this if you search "practice CBTs" or something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take all of the AAMC exams if that's what you have access to. I'm not sure why two posters have said 9, because AAMC 11 wasn't available until just recently and now that 11 is out, 6 is gone. I thought it was 8 total.

If you can take between 10 and 12 full length CBTs spread over your last five weeks of preparing, that will be perfect. There are several threads on this if you search "practice CBTs" or something like that.

A lot of us bought 6 before it was retired so we have access.

This.