How many programs did you apply to this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many OB/GYN programs did you apply to this year?

• <10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-15

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 16-20

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 21-25

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • 25-30

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • >30

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

DeaconMD04

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Time to start another application cycle. I'm pretty excited myself. Figured I'd start off with a poll to find out how many OB/GYN programs everyone applied to. A little dumb I know, but I'm a bit bored at work today, so humor me. Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 25 programs, which everyone I know thinks is ridiculous. But I'm rather anxiety-ridden about this whole process.

23 with 5 more ready to go since i have a paranoia about not getting interviews, which has been pleasantly incorrect

Members don't see this ad :)
26 :) with 4 more waiting, I too am extremely paranoid.

Seems like the trend has definitely changed to applying to more programs. I'm hoping for 15 interviews or so so I applied widely.

I'm a bit paranoid too. I applied to 30 programs against my advisor's advice! So far tho the interviews have started rolling in, so I'm resisting my urge to add even more.

24 programs, with 2 more waiting just in case. I, too, suffer from paranoia and was worried about lacking interview invites. As was stated above, this has proved to be pleasantly incorrect. Though, I have to admit, scheduling all these interviews is becoming a nightmare....especially when I have the potential to miss 70% of some of my 2 week piddly rotations. I just hope my attendings have mercy on me. Also, I hope my wallet has mercy on me...I'm going to be torturing it paying for all this travel.

Hey there! I am VERY paranoid this year. I am a 2008 grad and applied last year for OB/GYN and didn't match. With my dean's advise I interview and ranked 8 last year (all west coast). Obviously not enough! So I was/am a bit freaked out this year. I tryed to SCRAMBLE last year but it was crazy!! Only like half a dozen spots left after the MATCH. So, I took the year off :oops:) I have a 1yr old and so I'm doing the stay-at-home mom thing.

I applied to 30 and have heard back from 15 so far. So, I'm feeling better that the interviews are rolling in. I was worried that I would be black listed since I didn't match last year.

Do you guys think 15 interviews are enough? I'm still waiting for a few of my tops picks to come in.