How many publications? What topics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many publications do you have (or will you have)?

Votes: 89 38.0%

Votes: 43 18.4%

Votes: 45 19.2%

Votes: 19 8.1%

Votes: 10 4.3%

Votes: 5 2.1%

Votes: 3 1.3%

Votes: 3 1.3%

Votes: 2 0.9%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 10 or more

Votes: 14 6.0%

• Total voters
srsly? I read a lot of journal articles in college....
I think he was being sarcastic, but it would depend on your major. I know in linguistics (German/psych/RT major here) we hardly ever touch the things.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious, are any of you guys non-science majors? If so, how were you able to get research jobs? :confused:
Go and ask a prof who is researching something you are interested in.

Go and ask a prof who is researching something you are interested in.
i dunno, at my school it's mostly done through the departments/faculty offices...they'd tell you to apply through them and your name will get added to a waitlist with dozens of names on it that profs pick and choose from when they need help :oops: me, the econ major, would have zero chance

Members don't see this ad :)
i dunno, at my school it's mostly done through the departments/faculty offices...they'd tell you to apply through them and your name will get added to a waitlist with dozens of names on it that profs pick and choose from when they need help :oops: me, the econ major, would have zero chance
Where are you? Are there other schools in your area?

Anyhow, a little asskissing will often get you a long way.

Maybe they were referring to a powerpoint oral presentation or a poster they presented. That's usually what I think I've seen when it came to conferences.

yep - you got it!

Just curious, are any of you guys non-science majors? If so, how were you able to get research jobs? :confused:

I am actually a history major. I had to use some connections with family friends to get my research position. It started for just a summer and then I was able to carry it out longer after proving myself initially. I would recommend persistence and showing that you know just as much as a science major by taking enough science classes to indicate this. Good luck. There is plenty of research being done out there, and every lab needs cheap help. So they all need you as much as you need them.

I am actually a history major. I had to use some connections with family friends to get my research position. It started for just a summer and then I was able to carry it out longer after proving myself initially. I would recommend persistence and showing that you know just as much as a science major by taking enough science classes to indicate this. Good luck. There is plenty of research being done out there, and every lab needs cheap help. So they all need you as much as you need them.

Another thing you could do is email your science prereq professors if they have cool research going on and see if they'd let you do research under them.