How many schools should I apply to-need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent2019

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently in the process of trying to decide how many schools to apply to, as the fees are coming out to be more than I expected. I have a cumulative GPA of 3.95 and science GPA of 3.93 with a DAT AA of 27. I am in-state for NC.

Was planning on applying to these 10:
1. ECU

2.UNC

3.UPENN

4.Temple

5.Rutgers

6.BU

7.Nova

8.UCLA

9.UMich

10.University of Maryland

Members don't see this ad.

you'll get into any and every place you apply as long as you have something on your resume, a good personal statement, and LORs.

Why are you applying to NOVA?

UMich does not give instate tuition to OOS. Easy way to get into $500k of debt.

Why BU? Why not Stony Brooke or Buffalo? They give IS tuition after one year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not BU, not NOVA, not UM, and not Rutgers.

You should really be aiming for UNC/ECU though. Assuming you have good extracurriculars, LoRs and a solid personal statement to match your amazing stats you should have no problem getting in to one of those

Outside of UNC, look into schools that offer IS tuition, although getting IS tuition is sometimes easier said than done. Remove any stupidly expensive private schools/OOS tuition public schools

Reactions: 1 users
I’ll speak about Penn...with your stats you do have a chance to earn a scholarship which will easily make the cost comparable to UNC...trust me. Penn gives out scholarships from 10 to 40 thousand per year. If you get one, you will be notified of the amount when you get your acceptance call.

Reactions: 1 user