How many schools should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gumdroprain

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on how many schools I should apply to based on my stats. I live in NC and would like to stay on the east coast or nearby.

ogpa: 3.3
sgpa: 3.1-3.2
DAT: 24AA/24TS/22PAT

Also, does the rigor of my undergrad institution make any difference in the admission process?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on how many schools I should apply to based on my stats. I live in NC and would like to stay on the east coast or nearby.

Also, does the rigor of my undergrad institution make any difference in the admission process?

Thanks
lots

a tiny bit

Reactions: 1 user
Assuming you have all the needed components of a good application (shadowing, volunteering, etc.), your stats are good for your in-state options. Your GPA is a bit on the low side, but still within range, and your DAT is solid.

I think you have a decent shot at UNC or ECU. I'd probably apply to ~9-10 schools total to be safe. I'd choose a mix of private schools and OOS-friendly public schools in your desired region.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming you have all the needed components of a good application (shadowing, volunteering, etc.), your stats are good for your in-state options. Your GPA is a bit on the low side, but still within range, and your DAT is solid.

I think you have a decent shot at UNC or ECU. I'd probably apply to ~9-10 schools total to be safe. I'd choose a mix of private schools and OOS-friendly public schools in your desired region.
Thanks for the advice! Happy holidays!

Hi everyone,

Thanks
I think that you definitely have a good shot at UNC or ECU, depending on your shadowing/volunteering + other extracurriculars. We have almost identical GPA stats and your DAT is much better than mine and I got into ECU this cycle. I agree with those above in that you should apply broadly as that’s always the best path to take.

I think that you definitely have a good shot at UNC or ECU, depending on your shadowing/volunteering + other extracurriculars. We have almost identical GPA stats and your DAT is much better than mine and I got into ECU this cycle. I agree with those above in that you should apply broadly as that’s always the best path to take.
Thank you for the advice!!