Where to apply? Too many schools!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PurpleSails

Reaction score
I have way too many schools in my list, and I can't seem to trim them down. Any help on deciding which schools out of my long list to acutally apply for would be amazing, as well as which schools to NOT apply to out of my list. I think I have wayyy to many "reach" schools. If there any better schools to add, please let me know, thank you!

Date of submission: Planning on early June
Overall GPA: 3.761
Science GPA: 3.59
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score :
AA 24, TS 22, PAT 21, QR 23, RC 26, Bio 23, GC 25, OC 21
State of Residence: Virginia
Major: Biology and Art
Minority? No-Asian
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 150+ shadowing
Volunteering Experience: 100+ in foodbank, community garden, hospice, dental volunteer
Employment: 900+ as dental assistant
Research: 200+ hours, biology research, 1 publication credit
Other Extracurriculars: Leadership as president of science club and volunteering clubs in college. Summer biology reserach intern at NIH, Sculpture art residency
Relevant Honors or Awards: grants for reserach, studio art, academic honors
LOR type and strength: Dentist (very strong letter), Sculpture professor(very strong letter), Biochemistry prof (good letter), Biology prof/PI (good letter)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
I opted for credit/no-credit for second semester of organic chemistry during COVID
School list:

UCSF, U of Florida, U of Maryland, Boston U, NYU, U of North Carolina, Case Western, Ohio, UPenn, UPitt, Temple, VCU, U of Michigan, Tufts, Western U, Colorado, Indiana, U of Iowa, U of Minnesota, Creighton

Members don't see this ad.

I have way too many schools in my list, and I can't seem to trim them down. Any help on deciding which schools out of my long list to acutally apply for would be amazing, as well as which schools to NOT apply to out of my list. I think I have wayyy to many "reach" schools. If there any better schools to add, please let me know, thank you!

Date of submission: Planning on early June
Overall GPA: 3.761
Science GPA: 3.59
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.5
DAT score : AA 24, TS 22, PAT 21, QR 23, RC 26, Bio 23, GC 25, OC 21
State of Residence: Virginia
Major: Biology and Art
Minority? No-Asian
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 150+ shadowing
Volunteering Experience: 100+ in foodbank, community garden, hospice, dental volunteer
Employment: 900+ as dental assistant
Research: 200+ hours, biology research, 1 publication credit
Other Extracurriculars: Leadership as president of science club and volunteering clubs in college. Summer biology reserach intern at NIH, Sculpture art residency
Relevant Honors or Awards: grants for reserach, studio art, academic honors
LOR type and strength: Dentist (very strong letter), Sculpture professor(very strong letter), Biochemistry prof (good letter), Biology prof/PI (good letter)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: I opted for credit/no-credit for second semester of organic chemistry during COVID
School list:
UCSF, U of Florida, U of Maryland, Boston U, NYU, U of North Carolina, Case Western, Ohio, UPenn, UPitt, Temple, VCU, U of Michigan, Tufts, Western U, Colorado, Indiana, U of Iowa, U of Minnesota, Creighton
you do not have way too many reach schools...
florida is very difficult to get into OOS, as is UNC
western doesn't make much sense geographically
NYU is super expensive