How many students study anatomy in the country?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many students take anatomy either in a class setting or self study?

• >40k students

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • >150k students

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • >300k students

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • a lot more than 300k

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

hopeinternist

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

im working on a project and need an approximation of how many students attend/self study anatomy classes on an annual basis. This includes medicine, nursing and basically any other ancillary field. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Dafuq? How are we supposed to know :confused: ? Or you want us to do the legwork for you?

My answer: About tree fiddy

Members don't see this ad :)
Every choice after the first is encompassed by the first

Every choice after the first is encompassed by the first

I went off the fact that there are already about 20k medical students in the country in each class so about 80k in matriculation at any given point in time

I went off the fact that there are already about 20k medical students in the country in each class so about 80k in matriculation at any given point in time

Does he mean med school anatomy?

There are a TON of people who study anatomy in some form from the high school level to people getting their PhD in anatomy.

Not on a PhD level, between college and medical school level.

Does he mean med school anatomy?

There are a TON of people who study anatomy in some form from the high school level to people getting their PhD in anatomy.

Not on a PhD level, between college and medical school level.

So including all of nursing students, PA students, all of allied medicine, etc?

I'd say that any 'health' related career with at least an associates or college degree requires some form of anatomy.

That is well over 200K per year imo. Of course most of this is extremely watered down compared to med school anatomy.

So including all of nursing students, PA students, all of allied medicine, etc?

I'd say that any 'health' related career with at least an associates or college degree requires some form of anatomy.

That is well over 200K per year imo. Of course most of this is extremely watered down compared to med school anatomy.

thanks for your input!

UG or nursing anatomy is very different from med school anatomy and self-selects for those heading into the healthcare field, thus skewing your numbers. If it's not already in PubMed or Cochrane, you're probably not going to find information that handy anywhere.