How many times did you apply before getting into vet school?

• Total voters

cyrille104

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
Wow I'm surprised how many people are getting in on their first try. I had always heard that it's impossible to get in on your first try, and almost everyone has to reapply again and again. I think it's very difficult to improve your application once all of the schools have already said no, hoping that just one school will see something a little different the second or third time around. Seeing this poll, I might have given up after the first try...

k9 <3er

UC Davis SVM c/o 2011
10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
i think its just the quality of the applicants on sdn. i go to an undergrad with lots of pre-vets and unfortunately, most do not get in on their first try. so to current/future applicants: don't get discouraged!

About the Ads

RazorDoc2010

Mizzou 2011
10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2006
Missouri
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I agree with k9...maybe this sdn crowd isn't representative of the entire applicant pool. After all, the people that are on here all seem to be so much better prepared and have researched every tiny aspect of the process (plus the help from others is amazing) and that probably carries over into the rest of their application

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in and if you didn't, don't give up!!!

CookieBear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2006
East Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
I agree. I think those of us on here are a bit ahead of the game, especially as far as each school's procedures, requirements, deadlines, etc.

Applying to 13 schools required me making an Excel spreadsheet, so I could track everyone's deadlines, GRE school codes, supplemental deadline/submission format, etc.

And last year, I only applied to 4 schools, and I thought I was going crazy then?! Hah! I didn't know insanity until this time around! :laugh:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.