Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

How many times did you apply...

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by su_grad2007, Feb 21, 2007.

?

How many times did you apply before getting into vet school?

1. once

80.0%
  2. twice

15.6%
  3. 3 times

2.2%
  4. 4 times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5 times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. more than 5 times

2.2%
  1. su_grad2007

su_grad2007 Texas A&M 2015
    7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    before being accepted to veterinary school

2. cyrille104

2+ Year Member

Wow I'm surprised how many people are getting in on their first try. I had always heard that it's impossible to get in on your first try, and almost everyone has to reapply again and again. I think it's very difficult to improve your application once all of the schools have already said no, hoping that just one school will see something a little different the second or third time around. Seeing this poll, I might have given up after the first try...

3. k9 <3er

k9 <3er UC Davis SVM c/o 2011
    2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    i think its just the quality of the applicants on sdn. i go to an undergrad with lots of pre-vets and unfortunately, most do not get in on their first try. so to current/future applicants: don't get discouraged!

4. RazorDoc2010

RazorDoc2010 Mizzou 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I agree with k9...maybe this sdn crowd isn't representative of the entire applicant pool. After all, the people that are on here all seem to be so much better prepared and have researched every tiny aspect of the process (plus the help from others is amazing) and that probably carries over into the rest of their application

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in and if you didn't, don't give up!!!

5. CookieBear

5+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    I agree. I think those of us on here are a bit ahead of the game, especially as far as each school's procedures, requirements, deadlines, etc.

Applying to 13 schools required me making an Excel spreadsheet, so I could track everyone's deadlines, GRE school codes, supplemental deadline/submission format, etc.

And last year, I only applied to 4 schools, and I thought I was going crazy then?! Hah! I didn't know insanity until this time around! :laugh: