How many visists does $1810 get a Pt?

Started by _FNG_
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

_FNG_

PT, DPT, OCS
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As much as I don't want to use this forum as a HW resource, I can't find anything online that would help. So I'm putting together a POC for a hypothetical Pt that has lumbar spinal stenosis and 1810 is the amount that medicare covers for PT/SLP each year. In my plan I was planning on seeing her for 9 visits (including the initial examination). I'm guessing that this will easily cover my 30-45 minute sessions. Would this be kosher?

Mucho thanks for any help!!
 
The 1810 Cap is based on moneies paid not billed. Figure ~$25 paid per unit. 30-45 minutes = 2-3 units = $50-75 dollars. At that rate --- about 24x 45-minute appointment or 36x 30-minute appointments. Your 9 appointments is fine.
 
Last edited: