How many years do you plan to stay in your undergrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many years did you or plan to be an undergrad before going to med school

Votes: 7 13.0%

Votes: 35 64.8%

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • 6+

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

braineac

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious because I'm a sophomore and feel like I may need more than 4 years to feel prepared for med school

Members don't see this ad.

Most everyone at my school gets out in 4 years. I know thats not usually the case at other schools, specifically large public universities.

The average at my school is 5/6. I know some of the engineering programs and architecture is pretty much 5 minimum with an avg of 6 :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in and out in 4 years along with about 99% of my friends.

Of course, I'll be taking 2 years off before starting med school...

I was gonna graduate in three, but I did not wanna screw up my GPA, nor did I wanna miss out on too much... transferring, and finishing in one year at your new school=/=a good idea...

I planned on 3 and a half but realized I was pushing myself too hard for no apparent benefit. So, I've decided to take my senior year a little easier: 4.

Just curious because I'm a sophomore and feel like I may need more than 4 years to feel prepared for med school

If you need more time to feel prepared, that's fine. Just don't spend all of the time in ugrad. Get a master's degree or work experience or something.

5 years, change of major gave me alot of wasted credits

+2 years graduate work.

I was in and out in 4 years along with about 99% of my friends.

Of course, I'll be taking 2 years off before starting med school...

What are you planning on doing LFW?

4 years, I have a minor in chemistry so if I don't get in this year I will probably go back and finish that out which should take about a year. So its possible I could go for 5 but have 2 degrees.

Also have to remember that going extra years= extra money that some people can't pay.