How meticulously is GPA calculated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsapphire

Office of the medical examiner.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
N/A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
delete your SDN account

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And this ladies and gentlemen is why the CARS section is so vital to a good MCAT score.

Reactions: 2 users
Just step away from the keyboard already.
I've had a very stressful week, and this neurotic questions had been simmering in my little pre-med brain.
And I thought, hey, may as well say it on Troll Day.
I apologize.
Here's a cute video to atone for my sins

Reactions: 1 user
I can tell you as a Pre-vet student that the GPAs don't matter to much to us.

Reactions: 11 users
The question is itself wrong. What you want to ask is how precisely do they evaluate you on GPA? And the answer is you havent provided any information on your GPA except a single, broad, crude number that is rarely used by itself. You havent provided BCPM or AO, you havent provided year by year by BCPM or AO, you havent provided any postbacc or graduate either. I cant tell from a 3.8 whether you were a 4.0 science student who just passed other courses, started as a crappy freshman and had a great improved grade trend, had a U shaped curve, or whatever else.

So focusing on a single number to judge how your academic performance with be evaluated by an adcom is an error that many premeds make
understandable.
I thought I may as well post that silly thought on Troll day so I wouldn't be judged as harshly.
That cute baby video I posted should atone for my sins.

Just step away from the keyboard already.

The following could be equally effective (see below) :p

Hi
I'm just wondering how meticulously GPA is calculated? Is there really a difference between an applicant who has a 3.80 and a 3.78? I always thought that there wasn't , but SDN neuroticism makes me nervous lol.
understandable.
I thought I may as well post that silly thought on Troll day so I wouldn't be judged as harshly.
That cute baby video I posted should atone for my sins.
Oh my GOD
Why doesnt it matter? Dare I ask? XD

2372.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
I admitted by mistake, okay.I get it.

I've had a very stressful week, and this neurotic questions had been simmering in my little pre-med brain.
And I thought, hey, may as well say it on Troll Day.
I apologize.
Here's a cute video to atone for my sins

The baby at 2:38 is my personal favorite ( the girl with the really big head)
She's soooo cute her hands are so chubby and her head is so sofftt