Can all PT services be administered via telehealth? No. But many can. It's not a replacement for traditional hands-on therapy, but should be considered a way to augment treatment. I work as a tech in a peds OP clinic, and we use bits of telehealth here and there. There are many tests & measures that can be video recorded by support staff (or parents) on location and then sent to the PT electronically for scoring. Do you need to have your hands on a patient to assess their ability to perform functional movements or activities? Or to discuss their satisfaction with their current level of function? While telehealth might not allow you to use your sense of touch, you still have full use of your eyes, ears, mouth, and brain. Obviously, telehealth is not feasible for certain settings, and is not right for all PTs. But to say that it has no practical use is being close-minded.
I always like to point out that when Rene Laennec invented the stethoscope in 1816, most physicians and professional medical groups rejected the idea and continued to believe that they only way to auscultate was to place the ear directly on the chest. It took decades for the stethoscope to become a common instrument. Even though it improved diagnostic ability greatly.
I'm not saying that all PTs should "jump on the bandwagon" and join the telehealth SIG. But don't reject the idea just because it doesn't seem all that useful right now. Don't limit your imagination to current technology. There are companies developing software for Xbox Kinect and other platforms specifically aimed at PT. What if you could feel and touch patients remotely?
But maybe I'm young and naive. Maybe three years in PT school will shake all the imagination out of me. Maybe I watch too much Star Trek on Amazon Prime and am still waiting for Tricorders.