USMLE How much anatomy do you need to know beyond what is in First Aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ejay19955

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate anatomy with passion so I have been studying only what's in First Aid and that has been enough for me to pass the anatomy portion of the organ block. Granted we haven't had MSK yet and I would need to study more for that block, but I am wondering if it is ever necessary to study more anatomy than what is in First Aid for Step 1.

Members don't see this ad.

I hate anatomy with passion so I have been studying only what's in First Aid and that has been enough for me to pass the anatomy portion of the organ block. Granted we haven't had MSK yet and I would need to study more for that block, but I am wondering if it is ever necessary to study more anatomy than what is in First Aid for Step 1.
I read First Aid and watched Kaplan vids. Then I did uworld. I think that with that combination you will be ok! Personaly had 1-2 anatomy questions in my exam that couldnt solve. Also had some other questions I didnt know but I could get the answer right by excluding the other options.