How much better can I get?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Girfaroo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for this post, I know a lot of people do the same thing, but I guess I just need some validation/encouragement. I have two weeks left before my test, but next week is my school's bridge week for 3rd year, so I'll only be studying in the evenings that Monday-Friday.

Here's my scores so far:
UWSA #1 (pre-study period): 201 (I know it overpredicts)
NBME #11 (~1.5 weeks in, about 2/5 material covered): 200
NBME #13 (~3 weeks in, about 4/5 material covered): 217

I did worse on this last NBME in a couple areas that I studied in the beginning, so obviously some review is in order. And I still have some material to cover. Would it be reasonable to be able improve 15 or so points by my exam, or am I hoping for too much given the amount of time I have left?

Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. Yes it is possible.

Focus on the areas you feel weak in first and ask questions on this forum if your aren't sure of something. There are several people on this forum that has helped me immensely

Last edited:
Hi. Yes it is possible.

Focus on the areas you feel weak in first and ask questions on this forum if your aren't sure of something. There are several people on this forum that has helped me immensely

Ditto...hammer the weaknesses through repetition and questions. But keep in mind for certain weaknesses a screwdriver is a better tool (e.g. pharm=mostly memorization while physio/path=more conceptual etc). When looking at your weaknesses keep this in mind.

I improved by more than 15 points in two weeks, so it is possible. Be sure to spend all your time studying stuff that you didn't already know.

So I just took NBME 12 and did not do any better. Granted, this past week was bridge week, so I didn't get too much studying done (a few hours a night at most, when I was already exhausted), so it makes sense that I didn't improve much. But not at all is really worrying me, since I seem to have forgotten a lot.

My test is in 4 days, what do I do?? I don't think pushing it back would be good, because I'm already so burned out, plus that would mean skipping my first rotation, which I worked really hard to avoid. And I know I'm not in danger of failing. But I really wanted to do better.