Note: Some of my personal thoughts below and this isn't meant to come off in an arrogant way at all, I just also don't want to candy coat anything and give a dishonest opinion either.
Yup. And I think it's a bit arrogant to ignore the advice of vets who are advising against it. I don't see how someone can realistically expect to take on $150k+ debt and enter an overcrowded field and be happy, but then again we feed kids propaganda from the time they're 5 to "follow their dreams!" and think "investing in education is investing in yourself, which can never be a bad investment!"
While I think most people who are going into vet school or law school are making a really bad decision (there are exceptions, such as rich parents or a full ride), I also can't imagine how hard it is to have your heart set on being a vet, work very hard to get the grades and scores needed, and then after being told your entire life to follow your dreams suddenly realize "Wait, this is financial suicide" and stop. Especially if you already have debt and a not very lucrative major, such as animal biology. Sunk cost are a helluvathing.