MD & DO How much did you disclose on school health forms?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ekmf27050

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All-

Not trying to be sneaky here, just pragmatic, and wanted to get some input from current students. I'm wading through the start of school paperwork, and the student health screening form is... surprisingly broad. It asks for any diagnosis of anything current or past, any meds current or past, any prns, etc. It wants more information than the health intake form at my new PCP office. Did you guys grab your peds chart and start with all diagnoses from birth? Did you just list mod/major problems? Only current stuff? I'm a bit confused and honestly put off a little by the scope of the questions.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It wants more information than the health intake form at my new PCP office

lol

Just my opinion, but I would put major and current conditions/medications.

For example, if you had a few ear infections as a child and took antibiotics, I wouldn't put that on the form. If you currently have a rescue inhaler prescribed for asthma but haven't used it in years, I would still put that down. Hope that makes sense.

lol

Just my opinion, but I would put major and current conditions/medications.

For example, if you had a few ear infections as a child and took antibiotics, I wouldn't put that on the form. If you currently have a rescue inhaler prescribed for asthma but haven't used it in years, I would still put that down. Hope that makes sense.
Yes, that make sense! That was my plan, I thought it was appropriate.

I find it kind of funny/kind of weird that a medical school has such imprecise medical screening questions.