How much did you make? How many hours do you work?

Started by uc3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

uc3

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much did you make this year? How many hours do you work a week? What region do you work? How many years in the field?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Less than you'd expect. Every institution I've worked for has had a reputation for paying poorly. It's the price I pay for the privilege of kind of, sort of help sick kids.

While we're talking about money, is anyone familiar with the salary range for an IP pharmacy manager? How does that usually compare to staff pay?
 
Less than you'd expect. Every institution I've worked for has had a reputation for paying poorly. It's the price I pay for the privilege of kind of, sort of help sick kids.

While we're talking about money, is anyone familiar with the salary range for an IP pharmacy manager? How does that usually compare to staff pay?

Yes, the usual numbers are around 80-95% of total compensation (not just salary) the director if there is no more than one more level between the Director and the IP supervisor. Consider it a training position for Director.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I made 124k in 2017 primarily floating retail, first pharmacist job (1 year now). Averaged maybe 1-2 hours OT per week. Live in a large northeastern city so we have the taxes and high cost of living like Cali minus the salaries. I have a unicorn job now and will probably earn 135-145k next year and anticipate staying for the foreseeable future.
 
Last edited: