How much does class rank affect residency apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thissuckslol

Reaction score
So long story short, I got into a car accident the day before my first big exam (bad enough for my car to be totaled) and basically ended up with a final B- in my first big science class. Looking at everything now, I'll probably not get any distinction and since my school is pass/fail i'll probably end up in the middle third of the class. My question is would this shoot me in the foot to apply to radiology in the future? it's competitive and I'm not sure if being middle of the pack is gonna ruin my app regardless of my step scores in the future

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if troll...

One B- will barely nudge your class rank over 3 years bro. Sorry about your car, hope you’re not injured

Reactions: 4 users
So long story short, I got into a car accident the day before my first big exam (bad enough for my car to be totaled) and basically ended up with a final B- in my first big science class. Looking at everything now, I'll probably not get any distinction and since my school is pass/fail i'll probably end up in the middle third of the class. My question is would this shoot me in the foot to apply to radiology in the future? it's competitive and I'm not sure if being middle of the pack is gonna ruin my app regardless of my step scores in the future
take a deep breath and chill. you're an M1 I assume and there's a looooong time to go. Stressing like crazy over every test is exactly the opposite of what will help you long term. There are plenty more factors than class rank and 1 B- ain't gonna kill your chances at all. SDN is not representative of the actual distribution of scores and application strengths, otherwise literally anybody who was below average in any way would never match (at least thats the vibe you get on here). You'll be fine

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
maybe i am being neurotic lol ok well that's good to know. Thank you boys i appreciate it