How much does it cost to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toxin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, first school costs around 140 and for each additional its like 60. Please someone correct me if Im wrong

Members don't see this ad.

i think it's $140 initially, and $30 for each school. after that, secondaries usually run about $100 a pop, others are $55, $70, $75, etc.

I'm pretty sure it's $130 for the first, $30 thereafter. As stated, secondary fees vary with each school.

Members don't see this ad :)
No no no...

It's $160 for the general AMCAS processing fee and 1 complimentary school. After that, it's $30 for each additional school. Don't forget that the MCAT costs $200, a Kaplan prep course around $1500, secondary application fees from $50-$100 each, and the cost of airfare/food/lodging for interviews. For an average of 12 schools, you're likely to spend about $3000-$5000.

Start saving!

I am having a different experience than the other poster who said secondaries are $60. Mine are running $80-$100. The entire process is going to cost me a bit over 5k.

My secondaries have varied widely. UWisc was a mere $45, and a few others were around $85. One of the ones I haven't done yet (I think Ros Franklin?) was like $130. :eek: