How much does NBME 7 underpredict for STEP 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PS2summerdays

CALI born and raised.
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just took NBME 7 for diagnostic purposes and got a 185....STEP 2 CK is 5 weeks away. Should I postpone? Freaking out a little.
 
Took it nd got a 190. Exam 6 weeks away. I'm confused atm.
I don't have my results yet, but don't stress about it. With <5 weeks of studying, I ended up getting UWSA2 score of 254. And a week before that, UWSA1 score of 236. NBMEs are worthless for STEP 2 CK. BUT AGAIN, I don't have my score yet. So take my advice with a grain of salt. I'll update you when I get my score. For now, just keep studying.
 
I scored in the low 260s for CK and my NBME 7 was in the mid 230s 2.5 weeks before. My UWSA 1 and 2 were much more reflective of my actual score. I think it is well known that NBMEs, 7 in particular, under predict. If you take 6 or 8 and are still scoring well below your goal you may want to take a UWSA to get a better idea of where you stand.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad