how much immunology to study? FA enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spacemanspiff

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out how much Immunology to know for this test. I'm halfway through it in Kaplan's book but it's just too much for a subject that I feel isnt' that high yield. Is FA enough to know?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out how much Immunology to know for this test. I'm halfway through it in Kaplan's book but it's just too much for a subject that I feel isnt' that high yield. Is FA enough to know?

Thanks

i haven't ran into any direct immuno questions that were anything out of the basics. however, knowing immuno well has helped tremendously just to understand pathologic processes better. once you understand pathophys better, it takes away from the brute force memorization. thats how immuno has helped me.

My immuno prof. was awesome, which made me really enjoy this subject. However, I would focus in-depth on HIV-AID's immuno, then be tight on the major autoimmune ds's, and any pharm immune-system mech.'s, etc.

If you go over the blood cells (and stem cell progenitors) plus know the hypersensitive types (1-4) it all sort of comes together too when going over the path for blood and infectious ds. with the immuno.

Hope this helps some, because I am focusing on Path/Pharm/Physio/and Micro - but alot, alot of path study with quick reviews on immuno.

Does this post seem like I'm nervous and a wee sleep-deprived? Haha! I remember seeing a step1 question on the Ig structures (w/ picture and answers "A-E" and choose the area that ?binds Ab?Ag?) and another question on IgM and it being a pentamer. It's been awhile but I only recall 2 q.'s on basic immuno.....

Yea, even the QBank questions on immuno are pretty easy. I can't imagine it being that hard. Know what's in FA. I read HY Immuno and I don't think I gained much from it. HY cell and molec bio has a few chapters on the molecular biology of the immunology system. I thought these chapters were a good read.