How much money have you spent on AMCAS, secondaries, interviews, etc.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How much have you spent?

• $1-$1000

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • $1001-$2000

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • $2001-$3000

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • $3000+

Votes: 19 25.7%

• Total voters

Ninjaboy

Taneuma
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious to get an idea on how much everyone has spent on everything. I know that some people are way into the thousands.

Members don't see this ad.

30 schools on AMCAS
20 secondaries
1 interview so far...

$260.00 plus clothes and I'm in so I got off pretty cheap. I EDPed
in my hometown cuz I like it here and wanted to be near my family
(read: support system).

Members don't see this ad :)
14 schools, which wasn't too bad in the primary/secondary stages, but 10 interviews thus far, 7 of which are a plane ride away. toss in the suit, a couple car rentals, and it's gotten very steep very quickly.:(

I guess something to consider is how effective your money is. I suppose if you get in then it's great no matter how much you spent, but DoubleDoctor played the system perfectly. Congrats.

I live in hawaii so its gonna cost me sh&t loads of money to fly to the east coast for interviews...already spent 2000 dollars at least on applications

20 schools

took august mcat

2 interviews so far

still waiting for schools to review my file b/f sending in rejections!

looking at at least 3000 dollars more. good thing my bro is chipping in gave me 3000 dollars for free and already gave me 1000 dollars for apps. hehe.:clap: :clap: :clap:

i'm gonna have to start selling my organs real soon... :eek:

Originally posted by johnstoner
I live in hawaii so its gonna cost me sh&t loads of money to fly to the east coast for interviews...already spent 2000 dollars at least on applications

hey, another hawaiian on here! where are you applying to? i'm applyng to UH and east coast schools, but it's easier cuz i'm on the east coast now...

hey hawaiigirl whats your aol im?

stoner:cool: