How much organic on the real deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ebete

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about how much organic are they going to test on? or if you already took the test how many passages/questions do you remember?
I have about a month to go and have yet to start reviewing:eek:

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i think the new trend is not very much ochem, altho you could end up on a day where there is tons of ochem (i think that was the case for the 5/10 group).

on 5/27 there were only two ochem passages for a total of about 10 questions. there were no stand alone questions. other recent test dates have had as few as 1 passage on ochem.

this doesn't mean that you should ignore it. if you test on a day where there are 4 passages of ochem and many stand alone questions, then you are screwed. it would be best to review, but dont spend an appopriate amount of time.

if you dont have time, you have to go for high yield stuff. focus on the really important building blocks of ochem (types of reactions, mechanisms, etc) because you can deduce a lot from them.

i wouldn't take a bet on the mcat, you want to be prepared as possible, and that includes solid foundation in o chem and physics (much to many's dismay)

Like everyone will most likely say, be prepared for everything. Now, I know you probably don't have time to do this. Do a quick read through of EK OChem. Another helpful tool is to use AAMC's guide for what Ochem is tested and do a review of that for a day or two. You want to be prepared for any Ochem, because getting them right or wrong could be the difference between a 12 and a 13

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know about how much organic are they going to test on? or if you already took the test how many passages/questions do you remember?
I have about a month to go and have yet to start reviewing:eek:

Thanks

I took it on 5/31, and there wasn't enough of it. I had one passage and a few discreets (which was bad news for me... since orgo always redeemed my bio section). But hey, it's great news for you! And don't freak out, a month should be more than enough time for all that reviewing.