You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How much time do you spend commuting to work?
Started by coffee4drug
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Both jobs are 5 min away.
I used to drive 45 min...now I drive 15 min. It really makes a huge, huge difference, IMO.
5 minutes.
I live on a Lake by choice but it usually takes me around 45min.
I have a store, so my time is about 15 mins. However, my friends who are still floating travel similar to yours, 45 mins to 1.5 hrs... Another one of my friends travels at least 1.5 to 2 hours to get to work each day, no less.
Wow, people really should consider their commute as part of their shift. That's time away from family and friends.
(So if you're making $x for that 8 hour shift, but you're also driving 2 hours a day, then $x/10 is actuallly more reflective of your hourly rate)
VERY happy to say ~5 minutes
Wow, people really should consider their commute as part of their shift. That's time away from family and friends.
(So if you're making $x for that 8 hour shift, but you're also driving 2 hours a day, then $x/10 is actuallly more reflective of your hourly rate)
VERY happy to say ~5 minutes
forgot to mention the gas costs......about $150-200 for me extra.
extra mileage on your car that may lead to extra car costs....etc.
40 minutes each way for one job, 1 hour each way for the other.
That's the beauty of my commute...and the fact that it takes 5 min to get anywhere here - my car is 7 years old and has 53K miles on it. I just got my second set of tires not that long ago.forgot to mention the gas costs......about $150-200 for me extra.
extra mileage on your car that may lead to extra car costs....etc.
I hope to have it 7 more years. Nothing like a paid off car.Wow, people really should consider their commute as part of their shift. That's time away from family and friends.
(So if you're making $x for that 8 hour shift, but you're also driving 2 hours a day, then $x/10 is actuallly more reflective of your hourly rate)
VERY happy to say ~5 minutes
Yeah, and my friend drives 1.5 to 2 hours each way, so she's spending 3-4 hours to commute to work. It's definitely taking a toll on her and it sucks that she has a family and kids, too. No time for her family. 🙁
My rotation site is 10 mile route from my house but the traffic sucks so it takes about 20 minutes-1 hour depending on traffic and weather. The nursing home where I work is near my house, and my shifts there are after I get off from rotations, and I'm stuck in traffic going back there as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2 hours each way 
1 hour of metro commute. I work 50hr/week. Own store. Sucks. Alot.
1 hour of metro commute. I work 50hr/week. Own store. Sucks. Alot.
The commute or owning your own store?
My store is 9 miles from my apartment. It'll take 45 minutes one way with traffic on a weekday and 20 minutes on a weekend.
9 miles can take you 45 minutes?! eek.
I live 3 blocks from my work. My "commute" is at least 20 minutes though due to daycare dropoff lol.
Delete
2 hours each way![]()
Are you a pharmacy student? That's quite a long commute for an intern pharmacist.
Are you a pharmacy student? That's quite a long commute for an intern pharmacist.
I am a pharmacy student and an intern at a hospital. And yes, I commute two hours each way on weekends. I drive up to Phoenix on Friday night (or in the wee hours of Sat morning), work 10 hour shifts on both Sat and Sun, then return home to Tucson on Sun. I stay the weekend in Phoenix- every weekend. The commute isn't that bad for what I am getting out of the deal.
For my full-time job it's about 25 minutes one way and I rarely encounter heavy traffic. For my retail job it's about an hour and a half, and coming back it can be much longer than that, but I only do it once or twice a month, so it works out.
For most of my life I had 45 minute one way commute, though. It's not bad if you get used to it. Now, I had 70 mile of heavy traffic commute, that took me 2 hours each way - I didn't do that for long. Spending 4 hours a day in the car in addition to 10 hours spent at work - that doesn't leave any time for living. 🙄
For most of my life I had 45 minute one way commute, though. It's not bad if you get used to it. Now, I had 70 mile of heavy traffic commute, that took me 2 hours each way - I didn't do that for long. Spending 4 hours a day in the car in addition to 10 hours spent at work - that doesn't leave any time for living. 🙄
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K