How much time off do you get to study for the COMLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whats the max time ur school allows u from ur last day of class to study COMLEX?

• less than 2 weeks

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 2 wks

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 3 to 4 wks

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • 5 to 6 wks

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 7 to 8 wks

• 2 to 3 months

• +3 months

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

want2beadoc1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much time does your school give you (from your last day of class to the lastest testing date your school allows) and much time do you actually need to study for the boards?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure PCOM gives you a month.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Are your schedules lighter or the same on your year 2, 2nd semester? When do most people start studying; during the 2nd semester or after classes end?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're ambitious you start in Jan/Feb. If you want to do really well but don't have as much ambition, you start in March. If you want to pass the test and/or are really smart you can study for May and test in June.

2nd Semester 2nd year is usually lighter than 1st semester 2nd year but still has some challenging classes.

If you're ambitious you start in Jan/Feb. If you want to do really well but don't have as much ambition, you start in March. If you want to pass the test and/or are really smart you can study for May and test in June.

2nd Semester 2nd year is usually lighter than 1st semester 2nd year but still has some challenging classes.

HA, not at my school. 2nd semester of 2nd year is the busiest semester of the preclinical curriculum. Then, they only give us 4 weeks off before 3rd year begins.

HA, not at my school. 2nd semester of 2nd year is the busiest semester of the preclinical curriculum. Then, they only give us 4 weeks off before 3rd year begins.

It's exactly how PCSOM does it. Some other schools have very light schedules on their 2nd yr 2nd semester and/or finish earlier. That's such an advantage for boards

Gave me 2 weeks

I'm 99% sure 2nd years at PCOM had 5 weeks off from the end of classes until 3rd year rotations started this year. After neuro during the 2nd trimester, they said the 3rd trimester is easier.

CCOM gives you something like two weeks. However spring quarter is significantly lighter and you're essentially done with your major classes earlier.