How much time to spend studying for a MCAT retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bme94

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm planning to retake the new MCAT. My first score was horrible - a 499. I just don't know how long to study for it. The first time I studied for probably 5 months using Exam Krackers. I got really burned out in the end and I have horrible test anxiety. I'm getting pushed by my parents to study for a month or two months tops, and then retake it. I DO NOT think this is a good idea. Any advice? Thanks.
 
Study for quality over quantity. Only you can figure out what you don't know. So figure it out, fix it, and don't take the MCAT until you're consistently scoring on practice exams within striking distance of your desired score.