How much will pharmacy student owe in loans?

Started by SDgirl858
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDgirl858

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm I was just wondering, on average, how much will pharmacy student owe after graduation? I heard 200k is this true?
 
My friend's sisters boyfriend told me that most pharmacy students are 300k in debt.

There is a current thread going on this very subject. Use the search function.
 
c'mon guys. $300K?! What the hell?! Even med schools don't run you that much. Most public schools cost $10K-$18K a year + whatever living expense that you can't pay off with your internships. Private schools run you $25-$35K a year + living expense typically.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
c'mon guys. $300K?! What the hell?! Even med schools don't run you that much. Most public schools cost $10K-$18K a year + whatever living expense that you can't pay off with your internships. Private schools run you $25-$35K a year + living expense typically.

I will probably owe around a half a mil when I get out.
 
c'mon guys. $300K?! What the hell?! Even med schools don't run you that much. Most public schools cost $10K-$18K a year + whatever living expense that you can't pay off with your internships. Private schools run you $25-$35K a year + living expense typically.
I'm taking out $70k/year in med school, x 4 years, + undergrad debt, -> $300k easy.

****ing banks and debt. Can't wait to spend my first few years out of residency telling them all to **** off and paying them $5k/month.
 
Hmm I was just wondering, on average, how much will pharmacy student owe after graduation? I heard 200k is this true?

It's difficult to gauge the average because it's different from one state to another. If you look into the top ten public pharmacy schools (per US News), the average in-state tuition is roughly 20k per year plus some miscellaneous school fees (another 2-3k/year). So, for tuition alone, you would be looking at ~90k. If you are out of state or looking into private schools, tack on another 12k per year.
 
I'm taking out $70k/year in med school, x 4 years, + undergrad debt, -> $300k easy.

****ing banks and debt. Can't wait to spend my first few years out of residency telling them all to **** off and paying them $5k/month.

Which school you go to, man. Ouch, sounds like yours is leeching your pretty good. My friend here paying $50K a year and she's whining already. :laugh:
 
It's difficult to gauge the average because it's different from one state to another. If you look into the top ten public pharmacy schools (per US News), the average in-state tuition is roughly 20k per year plus some miscellaneous school fees (another 2-3k/year). So, for tuition alone, you would be looking at ~90k. If you are out of state or looking into private schools, tack on another 12k per year.

Maybe you're confusing tuition with total expenses? Most state school tuition/boarding are under 25k a month. I'm paying 21k right now at Rutgers Pharm, and I know Rutgers learns towards the more expensive side of state schools.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.