You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How much Xmas bonus for staff, manager, midlevels, etc?
Started by drusso
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Bah humbug. I give monthly productivity bonus. If we hit numbers. I give a big christmas bonus
paingamechanger
Full Member
$600 + plus small gift to front desk staff
$1000 to admin
$1,000-$1,500 for PAs
One week salary for surgery center staff
$1000 to admin
$1,000-$1,500 for PAs
One week salary for surgery center staff
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted993114
Bah humbug. I give monthly productivity bonus. If we hit numbers. I give a big christmas bonus
That sounds very generous and not "Scrooge like" at all.
It depends on how much money YOU make. I used to give every employee $5,000 Christmas bonus, but I was making big cash then. I was prevented from giving monthly production bonuses, so that was the answer.
Anything north of $500 I would think would be greatly appreciated by most people. Keep in mind that it is a 50% off sale, as it is all pre-tax. I would probably stratify based on your income.
$400K or below - $500
then add $500 for every $100K above that
If you don't make a Christmas bonus, you should still give at least $500 to the staff. They need the money more. Keep in mind that once you start, you can never stop or go down in bonus amounts. People become used to getting something and count on it.
Keep in mind that once you start, you can never stop or go down in bonus amounts. People become used to getting something and count on it.
I worry about this. I worry about creating a dependency/entitlement mindset among employees. We typically bonus based upon outcomes or production targets and not the holiday calendar. Also, the psychological literature shows that if you want to shape and control behavior, then it's better to give frequent small rewards (we do Starbucks, Dairy Queen, and Walmart gift cards) instead of saving it up for a big one..."Good job keeping the allergies section of the EHR updated. Treat yourself to a Blizzard."
I worry about this. I worry about creating a dependency/entitlement mindset among employees. We typically bonus based upon outcomes or production targets and not the holiday calendar. Also, the psychological literature shows that if you want to shape and control behavior, then it's better to give frequent small rewards (we do Starbucks, Dairy Queen, and Walmart gift cards) instead of saving it up for a big one..."Good job keeping the allergies section of the EHR updated. Treat yourself to a Blizzard."
I agree.
"random acts" of kindness aka unpredictable reward works better.
Use Unpredictable Rewards to Keep Behavior Going
If you want people to keep doing a certain behavior, then don't reward them every time—the research shows that an unpredictable reward keeps a behavior going, even after you stop giving the reward.
that said, I give $100 gift cards to amazon for Christmas.
I have two nurse techs that I am giving bonuses too next week and I'm worried about them talking to each other over what they get. One is getting 650 and the other 350.
Give them the same.. avoid the heartache
didnt we do this last year?
Yes, and you had a birthday last year as well.... 😎
$1000 to admin --- wat?????$600 + plus small gift to front desk staff
$1000 to admin
$1,000-$1,500 for PAs
One week salary for surgery center staff
D
deleted993114
I worry about this. I worry about creating a dependency/entitlement mindset among employees. We typically bonus based upon outcomes or production targets and not the holiday calendar. Also, the psychological literature shows that if you want to shape and control behavior, then it's better to give frequent small rewards (we do Starbucks, Dairy Queen, and Walmart gift cards) instead of saving it up for a big one..."Good job keeping the allergies section of the EHR updated. Treat yourself to a Blizzard."
Good points. Apparently, according to the behavioral literature, staff actually responds the best to praise and recognition of their work over financial rewards.
Yes- if you start with a Christmas bonus, you have to keep it up, otherwise the staff will be angry. Also, you can never go down on the amount.
I started with $1500 and eventually got to $5000 at my end of that practice (thank God I'm gone from that assembly line- I never realized how miserable I was until after I left).
The frequent nods of appreciation is a very good idea. Hell, at my age and level of income, I would very much appreciate the DQ Blizzards. Speaking of which, did you know that DQ ripped off the "Blizzard" idea from Ted Drew Frozen Custard in St. Louis? Even the bit about holding it upside down to show you it is thick was ripped off. Old Ted (a Wash U St. Louis must) got a lot of cash from DQ over that one.
Good points. Apparently, according to the behavioral literature, staff actually responds the best to praise and recognition of their work over financial rewards.
Yes- if you start with a Christmas bonus, you have to keep it up, otherwise the staff will be angry. Also, you can never go down on the amount.
I started with $1500 and eventually got to $5000 at my end of that practice (thank God I'm gone from that assembly line- I never realized how miserable I was until after I left).
The frequent nods of appreciation is a very good idea. Hell, at my age and level of income, I would very much appreciate the DQ Blizzards. Speaking of which, did you know that DQ ripped off the "Blizzard" idea from Ted Drew Frozen Custard in St. Louis? Even the bit about holding it upside down to show you it is thick was ripped off. Old Ted (a Wash U St. Louis must) got a lot of cash from DQ over that one.
I have it on good authority that the Ted Drewes on South Grand is closing and they are turning it into a Starbucks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do the W2 hospital employed docs do?
Im w2.
What do the W2 hospital employed docs do?
Can an employer make a w-2 employee require another w-2 employee a bonus??
to drusso, no.
im also W2. I do give gifts, but it is the onus of the employer to gift their paid employees.
im also W2. I do give gifts, but it is the onus of the employer to gift their paid employees.
W2 here
I pay my assistants out of my own pocket, and I'm doing it while paying all of my money on my student loan so it hurts.
I pay my assistants out of my own pocket, and I'm doing it while paying all of my money on my student loan so it hurts.
I’m W2 and gave my scheduler, MA and front desk girl chic filet gift cards. I got the X-ray staff a bunch of bunt cakes. It’s funny though, every time I give staff gifts I have a few that are very appreciative and then I have a few that joke that I’m gonna need to give them a lot more next time for all the crap and crap patients they have to deal with
talking about bonuses.
This year, we are not doing any bonuses. We were not as profitable as previous years.
Also wanted to end the culture of bonuses. Very few employees are appreciative of the bonuses.
We will just be doing 2 pairs of scrubs and lunch.
In the past I have paid between $750 - $1000 per employee.
I agree that random acts of gifts are better than giving Christmas bonus.
Just checking what others are going to be doing this year.
This year, we are not doing any bonuses. We were not as profitable as previous years.
Also wanted to end the culture of bonuses. Very few employees are appreciative of the bonuses.
We will just be doing 2 pairs of scrubs and lunch.
In the past I have paid between $750 - $1000 per employee.
I agree that random acts of gifts are better than giving Christmas bonus.
Just checking what others are going to be doing this year.
talking about bonuses.
This year, we are not doing any bonuses. We were not as profitable as previous years.
Also wanted to end the culture of bonuses. Very few employees are appreciative of the bonuses.
We will just be doing 2 pairs of scrubs and lunch.
In the past I have paid between $750 - $1000 per employee.
I agree that random acts of gifts are better than giving Christmas bonus.
Just checking what others are going to be doing this year.
We are implementing austerity measures.
So, I think I came out a little ahead this year. Thanks to the PPP loan I was able to keep my staff paid during the shut down, cover expenses/rent and was allowed to apply about $8000 of it each month to my own salary (while I withheld my paycheck for 3 months). Then I got crazy busy with all the backlogged cases and people postponing surgery. I’m going to be extra generous this year to my staff because many of their partners were furloughed or have family who lost their jobs.
I realize the economic privilege comes from opening up after a month and the weird political tango the hospitals had with the Texas Governor about quieting the roar over ICU capacity so he wouldn’t order elective procedures cancelled.
Anyway, in addition to the $500 bonus I will probably be getting the Bose mini soundlink speakers since they seem to like mine.
I realize the economic privilege comes from opening up after a month and the weird political tango the hospitals had with the Texas Governor about quieting the roar over ICU capacity so he wouldn’t order elective procedures cancelled.
Anyway, in addition to the $500 bonus I will probably be getting the Bose mini soundlink speakers since they seem to like mine.
No change for me - I looked back through this thread and my last comment I still had my student loan.
That thang gone now.
No change though - Both my MAs are getting cash around 500 each and I'm bringing them and the XRAY techs I work with to my house and I'm cooking for everyone.
That thang gone now.
No change though - Both my MAs are getting cash around 500 each and I'm bringing them and the XRAY techs I work with to my house and I'm cooking for everyone.
You are joking, right?No change for me - I looked back through this thread and my last comment I still had my student loan.
That thang gone now.
No change though - Both my MAs are getting cash around 500 each and I'm bringing them and the XRAY techs I work with to my house and I'm cooking for everyone.
This is the point in the thread where you fly off the handle.... but please tell me this is not your plan
Go on...
Georgia sets single-day coronavirus record
Georgia reported a record high of confirmed and probable coronavirus cases on Friday, and the worst is likely yet to come, health experts said.
LOL...You're absurd.![]()
Georgia sets single-day coronavirus record
Georgia reported a record high of confirmed and probable coronavirus cases on Friday, and the worst is likely yet to come, health experts said.www.ajc.com
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Although OP does work with them everyday...so it’s not that crazy.You are joking, right?
This is the point in the thread where you fly off the handle.... but please tell me this is not your plan
LOL...You're absurd.
Look, im really not trying to virtue signal or shame you in any way. I just cant imagine even thinking that way right now. I cant imagine hosting a party. I really dont think im alone in thinking this way. It is definitely not 'absurd'.
No part of me cares about your opinion on this matter.
clearly it does, b/c you keep responding.No part of me cares about your opinion on this the
unless everyone you are inviting has already had and got over covid, then it is completely irresponsible. or, if you plan to grill, and then set up 4 separate tables in the corners of your yard 20 feet away from each other while you eat. sounds like a hell of a party. love to come, but sorry, i have plans.
id imagine you already know everyone that your tech comes into contact with. that you already know your MA doesnt have any relatives with pre-existing conditions, rheum disease, chemotherapy meds.
why do you think we are in this complete clusterf@ck as a country right now? it is literally this type of thing. lets just hope you are really good at smoking a brisket
Although OP does work with them everyday...so it’s not that crazy.
not without masks. while eating. for extended periods of time.
the guano-filled outdoor patio with the swallows in the eaves is better than inside, but its chilly in december.
is this something you would offer right now?
with regards to what SSdoc33 said, in addition: are you that good of a cook?No change for me - I looked back through this thread and my last comment I still had my student loan.
That thang gone now.
No change though - Both my MAs are getting cash around 500 each and I'm bringing them and the XRAY techs I work with to my house and I'm cooking for everyone.
if so, what cuisine is your "specialty"?
Yes.with regards to what SSdoc33 said, in addition: are you that good of a cook?
if so, what cuisine is your "specialty"?
Smoked meats, Mexican street tacos, fried green tomatoes, low country boil, many things...
Attachments
W-2 here. We are doing more of an appreciation, usually we would cater in a nice holiday party, but no dice this year. We also have had so much turnover and people in new roles that it has been challenging and stressful on everyone. We opted for $50 giftcards for the 18 people most involved with our department.
Now that is something to be worried about. 2020 for the win if that happens.I have it on good authority that the Ted Drewes on South Grand is closing and they are turning it into a Starbucks.
W-2 here. We are doing more of an appreciation, usually we would cater in a nice holiday party, but no dice this year. We also have had so much turnover and people in new roles that it has been challenging and stressful on everyone. We opted for $50 giftcards for the 18 people most involved with our department.
Starbuck's cards are also appreciated. That's what we're going. Everyone worked exceptionally hard this year--Go grab a coffee on us!
A lot of turnover. Probably just buy them lunch and get the 4 who made it through the year some cash. W2.
Nitro cold brew is delicious. Just guzzled mine down in about 3 minutes.Wait but Starbucks coffee is terrible
Laird Superfood coffee
Wait but Starbucks coffee is terrible
Nothing say, "Thank you," like a good cup of coffee!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So get them Laird Superfood coffee.Nothing say, "Thank you," like a good cup of coffee!
Fixed it for you.Nothing say, "F you," like a good cup of coffee!
Whole bean Blue Mountain freshly ground and brewed in a French Press is really the only civilized drink.
There is a special place in my heart for Monster Java energy drinks, though. That stuff was my spice melange throughout training.
There is a special place in my heart for Monster Java energy drinks, though. That stuff was my spice melange throughout training.
Nothing say, "Thank you," like a good cup of coffee!
well, i was hoping for a 5K to pay my rent and kid's school, but this $25 starbucks gift card is almost as good
Whole bean Blue Mountain freshly ground and brewed in a French Press is really the only civilized drink.
There is a special place in my heart for Monster Java energy drinks, though. That stuff was my spice melange throughout training.
New October 2021 release date is bullsh$t. i was hoping someone would finally make a Dune movie worth watching.
Dune Movie Sets New Release Date for Late 2021
Denis Villenueve's big-budget adaptation of Dune has been pushed to October 1, 2021 by Warner Bros. and Legendary, according to sources.