How often do medical students get intimate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optimist100

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
All my college years I was lucky to have good roommates that never brought any partner over. I really can't stand a roommate that brings a partner over for sex it really drives me nuts. I don't have sex and I don't want to hear my roommate having sex. I understand the best way out of it would be to get my own apartment but that would be too expensive. What is the probability that my future medical student roommate will never bring any man/woman over for intimacy?

Members don't see this ad.

Very close to zero.

Reactions: 13 users
Very high. Sex is bad, mkay. IF they do, however, you could always culture some Candida albicans on their bed and get them a real bad rep

Members don't see this ad :)
All my college years I was lucky to have good roommates that never brought any partner over. I really can't stand a roommate that brings a partner over for sex it really drives me nuts. I don't have sex and I don't want to hear my roommate having sex. I understand the best way out of it would be to get my own apartment but that would be too expensive. What is the probability that my future medical student roommate will never bring any man/woman over for intimacy?
It's not like college...you'll probably have your own room, even if you live with others. Play some music, go to the library, make it work.

Reactions: 3 users
Better hope I'm not ur roommate OP :heckyeah:. Lol jk I have 0 exp with women....

But if it bothers you that much just buy some earplugs....

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Truth (from experience) here,

Medical students are bimodal in terms of how much they "get laid." One of the modes is at the low end, where a bunch of nerdy dudes couldn't get laid in a morgue (like me).

The other mode is at the high end, where the muscular, charismatic "alpha" brahs dine at a veritable ***** buffet.

If you're that concerned about hearing sex sounds, make sure you room with the former.

Reactions: 7 users
Oh, and other advice: women in medical school are largely immune to money, so you may find it difficult to leverage your wealth to "get laid." The majority of med school women I know come from UMC or extraordinarily privileged backgrounds, so money won't impress them.

Oh, and other advice: women in medical school are largely immune to money, so you may find it difficult to leverage your wealth to "get laid." The majority of med school women I know come from UMC or extraordinarily privileged backgrounds, so money won't impress them.

Damn. It's almost as if having a good personality, some intelligence, and some charm might actually be attractive to women. Who knew?

Reactions: 33 users
Remember, med students also have cadavers.

Reactions: 1 users
You could always, you know, date women that aren't in medical school.

It always strikes me as strange how people act as if they're stuck on an island with 100-300 other people and that's it, those are their only options.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, UMC?

Reactions: 1 user
I really hope to find a roommate like me that will never bring partners over; it is really irritating and distracting; maybe I will search the apartment early by myself and tell all potential roommate candidates upfront NO SEX IN MY APARTMENT.

Do pelvic exams count?
Absolutely, don't want to hear any sexual moaning damn sounds. But I love music and I do hope that my music would be louder, but I can't always guarantee that.

I really hope to find a roommate like me that will never bring partners over; it is really irritating and distracting; maybe I will search the apartment early by myself and tell all potential roommate candidates upfront NO SEX IN MY APARTMENT.

Can't tell if you're a troll or someone who doesn't believe in basic biology. Darwin shuns you.

Reactions: 14 users
clearly a troll post, but just incase, what are you going to do if your roommate has a significant other? not all sex is promiscuous, random stranger movie sex. "hey sorry, but your girlfriend of 5 years is not welcome here" won't work out too well.

you're going to a professional school filled with adults. adults tend to have sex. grow up or live alone.

I guess you can ask during student interview.

It is just as loud if the people above you have sex. Just FYIY.

I'm just an undergrad, but I guess I've won the roommate lottery. Both of my roommates have girlfriends and bring them over all of the time, but I don't hear anything.

Thick walls maybe.

clearly a troll post, but just incase, what are you going to do if your roommate has a significant other? not all sex is promiscuous, random stranger movie sex. "hey sorry, but your girlfriend of 5 years is not welcome here" won't work out too well.

you're going to a professional school filled with adults. adults tend to have sex. grow up or live alone.

We can't be expected to have the same likes and dislikes huuuuh EXACTLY my point, I don't want a roommate who has a significant other unless they are willing to go to the significant other's place or some hotel or whatever for physical intimacy. You like to bang I like to cook and eat, i get the same fulfillment you get from a sexual orgasm by cooking and eating.

In college, I used to play halo reach REALLY loud with my friends in the living room when "board games" was going on in the other room. Granted that guy was a douche so we felt justified...

It's a free show. Why would you say no? :eek:

On a side note, study in the library or buy a white noise machine.

As a physician, you should always be prepared for the worst no?

You'd have more issues with your roomie "playing league".

All my college years I was lucky to have good roommates that never brought any partner over. I really can't stand a roommate that brings a partner over for sex it really drives me nuts. I don't have sex and I don't want my roommate having sex. I understand the best way out of it would be to get my own apartment but that would be too expensive. What is the probability that my future medical student roommate will never bring any man/woman over for intimacy?
Fixed that for ya.

Reactions: 8 users
Very much true, esp. at certain med schools.

It's a free show. Why would you say no? :eek:

On a side note, study in the library or buy a white noise machine.

As a physician, you should always be prepared for the worst no?

You'd have more issues with your roomie "playing league".

Hmmm i don't mind studying in the library, but I mind hearing someone moaning when I'm trying to sleep, and I'm such a light sleeper. Anyways, I will just straigthen things up with whoever I live with, we will sign a NO SEX IN THE APARTMENT CONTRACT :D

We can't be expected to have the same likes and dislikes huuuuh EXACTLY my point, I don't want a roommate who has a significant other unless they are willing to go to the significant other's place or some hotel or whatever for physical intimacy. You like to bang I like to cook and eat, i get the same fulfillment you get from a sexual orgasm by cooking and eating.

haha I'm gonna have to go with "no" for that last part, but good luck in your abstinent roomie search!

Then wear earplugs...

Lmfaooo.

Reactions: 22 users
OP if your roommate brings someone home and they are getting intimate just knock on the door and politely ask "Can I join?"

This is a very quick way to scare off just about every potential roommate you'll have.

Reactions: 6 users
Your roommates aren't doing it right.
I'm just an undergrad, but I guess I've won the roommate lottery. Both of my roommates have girlfriends and bring them over all of the time, but I don't hear anything.

Thick walls maybe.

Reactions: 8 users
Then wear earplugs...
Wear earplugs all day in anticipation of a sexual round ??? huuuh or wear earplugs as soon as I hear them ? Triple huuuuh I don't want to hear it in the first place by the time I look for my earplugs to wear I'm already VERY ANNOYED.

Damn. It's almost as if having a good personality, some intelligence, and some charm might actually be attractive to women. Who knew?
Not in Ark's world. It's all just being muscular and looking like a frat boy. That's all that is needed.

You need to get over your fear of sexual intimacy... It sounds like you are very immature, and I can't imagine how you expect to do pelvis exams on strangers, have them tell you all kinds of ridiculous sex stories, and watch women give birth if you really feel this way.

Sex is natural, usually, but in medicine you will be exposed to the weirdos and unnatural sexual acts in one way or another. As an ED scribe, I've seen vaginal tears from gigantic dildos, perforated colons from people sticking stupid stuff up their asses, a broken/bruised penis from drunken intercourse, people claiming to be raped, many STDs, ect.

We have people tell us about their sexual lives all the time, so you need to get over your fear of the fact that most normal people have sex. If you don't want to have sex that is fine (though you will inevitably be a very unhappy old person when you realize you missed out on your prime years), but a physician simply cannot avoid hearing about and dealing with other people's sexual exploits.

Reactions: 14 users
the image in my head as I read this thread:
upload_2014-8-21_13-22-3.jpeg

Reactions: 28 users
I think you're pretty jelly, brah
You are only jealous of what you can't have and sex is the easiest thing to get especially for such a SO FINE person like me, I reject invitations on a weekly to daily basis, I just don't want to hear something I don't experience if you understand what I mean.

You are only jealous of what you can't have and sex is the easiest thing to get especially for such a SO FINE person like me, I reject invitations on a weekly to daily basis, I just don't want to hear something I don't experience if you understand what I mean.

lol, here we go

Reactions: 6 users
santabarbraShootin_2921168b.jpg

Supreme Gentleman, MD.

Reactions: 15 users
You need to get over your fear of sexual intimacy... It sounds like you are very immature, and I can't imagine how you expect to do pelvis exams on strangers, have them tell you all kinds of ridiculous sex stories, and watch women give birth if you really feel this way.

Sex is natural, usually, but in medicine you will be exposed to the weirdos and unnatural sexual acts in one way or another. As an ED scribe, I've seen vaginal tears from gigantic dildos, perforated colons from people sticking stupid stuff up their asses, a broken/bruised penis from drunken intercourse, people claiming to be raped, many STDs, ect.

We have people tell us about their sexual lives all the time, so you need to get over your fear of the fact that most normal people have sex. If you don't want to have sex that is fine (though you will inevitably be a very unhappy old person when you realize you missed out on your prime years), but a physician simply cannot avoid hearing about and dealing with other people's sexual exploits.

How does not wanting to hear people's orgasms equate to being immature? It' s like saying not wanting to hear a specific type of music is immature. I don't mind listening to sexual stories from patients, I don't want to hear people moaning in my apartment. And equating sexual life to happiness is delusional, what do you think happiness is? It's a very subjective definition. You can't pinpoint something and think it will make everyone happy.

Truth (from experience) here,

Medical students are bimodal in terms of how much they "get laid." One of the modes is at the low end, where a bunch of nerdy dudes couldn't get laid in a morgue (like me).

The other mode is at the high end, where the muscular, charismatic "alpha" brahs dine at a veritable ***** buffet.

If you're that concerned about hearing sex sounds, make sure you room with the former.

This post really informs a lot of your posts in other threads. No wonder you buy into all that crap on the internet about how to get laid.