How often do medical students get intimate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe OP isn't a troll and just has an unusually small glans penis? I used to be abstinent, until I realized I had a 14 inch lap-hog.

Reactions: 6 users
Maybe OP isn't a troll and just has an unusually small glans penis? I used to be abstinent, until I realized I had a 14 inch lap-hog.

LOL I don't know why but when I read this post the image popped into my head of a guy looking down one day and just being like "sheeeyut I have an enormous dong!" all surprised-like.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, relax people.

While some of us prefer to have our nights perfectly silent, it isn't going to be unbearable if we heard some noises every now and then. Sex typically lasts less than 10 mins. It ain't a big deal.

If you can wait 10+ years to get your first real paycheck, you can wait 7-10 minutes every now and then. Yeh?

Additionally, attacking someone else's masculinity betrays insecurities about one's own masculinity. Just something to keep in mind...

BRO! 10 minutes? We all have our idols, I guess. Ron Jeremy for life?
Wow, relax people.

While some of us prefer to have our nights perfectly silent, it isn't going to be unbearable if we heard some noises every now and then. Sex typically lasts less than 10 mins. It ain't a big deal.

If you can wait 10+ years to get your first real paycheck, you can wait 7-10 minutes every now and then. Yeh?

Additionally, attacking someone else's masculinity betrays insecurities about one's own masculinity. Just something to keep in mind...

OP- I sort of understand.

Roommate brought a guy home one night, all I heard (repeatedly) was

"I'm sorry it's so small you can't feel it"

LOL Tried not to burst out laughing right then and there.

And then I got scared, left the room, and cried.

(Half-joking on this part but I'm over it now...)

Reactions: 2 users
LOL I don't know why but when I read this post the image popped into my head of a guy looking down one day and just being like "sheeeyut I have an enormous dong!" all surprised-like.
Me too!!

"lap-hog." --- ROTFL!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, relax people.

That sucks man.

Reactions: 3 users

If this is true, it is absolutely golden.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Was he at least good looking?

No I don't, I'm in love with a christian girl and she is making me wait for marriage; but since she lives in Italy many times I consider myself single, and I will never cheat on her.
Are you sure your girlfriend is waiting for marriage?

What kind of question is that? the only reason I'm keeping myself for her is because i do love her and it is unfortunate that she is so serious about her Christianity, if i could i would have married her already to discover her sumptuous seductive sacred secrets, but i gotta settle my career first.

What kind of question is that? the only reason I'm keeping myself for her is because i do love her and it is unfortunate that she is so serious about her Christianity, if i could i would have married her already to discover her sumptuous seductive sacred secrets, but i gotta settle my career first.
4/10 troll post

So you are in love with this girl (enough to move mountains), but you occasionally consider yourself single because shes in another country? Many girls I know would call that "emotional cheating". Boom.

So you are in love with this girl (enough to move mountains), but you occasionally consider yourself single because shes in another country? Many girls I know would call that "emotional cheating". Boom.
I only consider myself single because I'm tired to explain to people my long distance relationship, most of the time they always try to talk me out of it so i prefer to avoid it all together. And it also falsely gives hope to females that are interested because they think I'm declining their invitations because of some girl that lives in Europe with whom they think things will never work out. So if am single and not coming over then am not interested much simpler. I love my girlfriend, i have never been emotionally or physically involved with any other woman and i will do anything for her.

No I don't, I'm in love with a christian girl and she is making me wait for marriage; but since she lives in Italy many times I consider myself single, and I will never cheat on her.

I only consider myself single because I'm tired to explain to people my long distance relationship, most of the time they always try to talk me out of it so i prefer to avoid it all together. And it also falsely gives hope to females that are interested because they think I'm declining their invitations because of some girl that lives in Europe with whom they think things will never work out. So if am single and not coming over then am not interested much simpler. I love my girlfriend, i have never been emotionally or physically involved with any other woman and i will do anything for her.

Are you serious? Just out of curiosity, how much time have you actually spent with this girl in person?

ThriftySleepyIberianbarbel.gif

Considering yourself single is very different from telling people you are single. Even so, telling girls that you are single in order to expunge their interest is quite the argument. 3/10. Would have been 2/10, but I like the originality.

That's reality.

Why else is it that sexual dissatisfaction ranks high in the reasons for divorce...

I think that statistic can arise from things like not enough experience prior to marriage, as well we no sex at all prior to marriage with the person you married. hard to know if your sexual chemistry is good if the only thing you've ever experienced is that one person, or no one at all for that matter.

so, in a way, you could actually be arguing our point, which is for more sex before marriage? Thanks! :D

I know this a troll thread, but some people do really get married because they want to have sex, and I feel like it doesn't usually end well.

Reactions: 2 users
I think that statistic can arise from things like not enough experience prior to marriage, as well we no sex at all prior to marriage with the person you married. hard to know if your sexual chemistry is good if the only thing you've ever experienced is that one person, or no one at all for that matter.

so, in a way, you could actually be arguing our point, which is for more sex before marriage? Thanks! :D

Well the problem is prioritizing sex in relationships. If that's the primary reason for getting together, sure. Experiment around. Can't guarantee that you'll "get better" with more experience because look at our statistics. Most people suck at having sex with their 2-7 minute averages (that's not nearly enough time for both parties to get off... with some exceptions here and there.) You can't say that majority of the people are all first-timers either, so the conclusion that can be made is that many "experienced" people are still pretty terrible at sex. Hence the divorce rates. : /

Furthermore, your sexual drive is going to go down as you age. If your marriage was based off the shaky foundations of sexual chemistry, you're going to have a rough time keeping it together in the future.

I kind of want to call my husband right now and ask if he married me for my sumptuous seductive sacred secrets. Props for the alliteration, OP.

Well the problem is prioritizing sex in relationships. If that's the primary reason for getting together, sure. Experiment around. Can't guarantee that you'll "get better" with more experience because look at our statistics. Most people suck at having sex with their 2-7 minute averages (that's not nearly enough time for both parties to get off... with some exceptions here and there.) You can't say that majority of the people are all first-timers either, so the conclusion that can be made is that many "experienced" people are still pretty terrible at sex. Hence the divorce rates. : /

Furthermore, your sexual drive is going to go down as you age. If your marriage was based off the shaky foundations of sexual chemistry, you're going to have a rough time keeping it together in the future.
I can't even imagine how sex can be so short, are you guys like going 3 weeks off all sex/fapping then meeting up with someone/your gf/wife?

I can't even imagine how sex can be so short, are you guys like going 3 weeks off all sex/fapping then meeting up with someone/your gf/wife?

Not necessarily. Some people just don't have much control in general. Hence the need for desensitization creams and all that.

It's not the length of time, but what you do in that time. The fact that sex lasts 2-7 minutes on average only further cements the importance of experience and sexual chemistry. Because, yes, both parties can achieve orgasm in that time (with some added in foreplay). For it to happen though, both partners need to be able to communicate their desires/discomforts before and during sex, be open to new things, and have just the right amount of appropriate spontaneity. All of this comes with experience. Additionally, there needs to be sexual chemistry between the two (or more if you're lucky) people, and you cannot be sure of sexual chemistry until you actually try it. Anyone that's actually had sex knows this. You can be ridiculously "in love" with someone and yet when you get in the bedroom, there is just nothing there. It's not uncommon.

Also, I don't think anyone is arguing that you should go and get married solely based on sex. It is just one aspect of a relationship, we are arguing that it is an important one.

It's not the length of time, but what you do in that time. The fact that sex lasts 2-7 minutes on average only further cements the importance of experience and sexual chemistry. Because, yes, both parties can achieve orgasm in that time (with some added in foreplay). For it to happen though, both partners need to be able to communicate their desires/discomforts before and during sex, be open to new things, and have just the right amount of appropriate spontaneity. All of this comes with experience. Additionally, there needs to be sexual chemistry between the two (or more if you're lucky) people, and you cannot be sure of sexual chemistry until you actually try it. Anyone that's actually had sex knows this. You can be ridiculously "in love" with someone and yet when you get in the bedroom, there is just nothing there. It's not uncommon.

Also, I don't think anyone is arguing that you should go and get married solely based on sex. It is just one aspect of a relationship, we are just arguing that it is an important one.
Well, I agree. Quality not quantity. And every individual is different, so the time it takes to get off will vary depending on the sample groups.

Having sexual chemistry is the ideal. Not sure that is the reality for most relationships though. I found one study with a sample size of 101 for student females who faked orgasms: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19707929 .Definitely too small to be representative, but it fits along the common perception that most females do fake orgasms.

I just wanted to emphasize that in our culture, we placed too much emphasis on sexual chemistry. It shouldn't be the primary reason for getting into a relationship because you can't have sexual chemistry all the time (work stress, fatigue, etc), and you'll have diminishing sexual chemistry as you age (decreasing sexual drive).

Also, I don't think anyone is arguing that you should go and get married solely based on sex. It is just one aspect of a relationship, we are arguing that it is an important one.

I agree with a lot of this. also, just because you may not be able to make your friend below the waist last for more than 7 minutes doesn't mean some good old fashioned sexual experience won't teach you to please your partner in other ways. just saying.

OP has a naked picture of "McSteamy" from Grey's Anatomy and is preaching about sexual abstinence and his super hot girlfriend.

photo-13637.gif

Last edited:
Well, one week on/one week off is a pretty common work schedule for a lot of physicians.

1. I think what you are doing is very noble OP, may the odds be ever in your favor and best of luck with your lover
2. You people had me at "sex usually lasts 10 min". Work on your stamina and give me at least a good 30 mins..
3. Although great sex can require some serious loud noises, good sex can be done very quietly

<3

A far better option is to crank "Bananaphone" up to max volume on the loudest speakers you have, place it on repeat, and leave the apartment entirely.

Had it done to me once, it was horrible.

OMG, I just googled that. LOL. Did someone actually do that to you?

OMG, I just googled that. LOL. Did someone actually do that to you?
Yeah, my old roommate. I was banging an ex gf of his that he never got anywhere with and supposedly had no feelings for (the whole reason he dumped her) and evidently he was pissed that we were starting to get loud and the next thing I hear is the front door slam and BOOP OOO DOOP OOO DOOP RING RING RING RING RING RING RING etc...

Yeah, my old roommate. I was banging an ex gf of his that he never got anywhere with and supposedly had no feelings for (the whole reason he dumped her) and evidently he was pissed that we were starting to get loud and the next thing I hear is the front door slam and BOOP OOO DOOP OOO DOOP RING RING RING RING RING RING RING etc...

LOL. That entire situation is hilarious.

I almost forgot about this glorious thread.

solid bump :thumbup:

I just re-read it as well. I was positively cackling at some of those posts...

Better hope I'm not ur roommate OP :heckyeah:. Lol jk I have 0 exp with women....

But if it bothers you that much just buy some earplugs....
Made me legit laugh out loud, well done

...and she is making me wait for marriage; but since she lives in Italy...

Hahahahahahaha. As a married man with a kid, I say get his sexing in before marriage. And this girl is definitely smashing some Italian guy as we speak (for some reason I imagine his name is Giovanni, or Paulie D).