How often.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haga

Hotter Than Black Pepper
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a currently persuing a degree in Speech Pathology. I was currently looking at how in Demand the Medical side of SLP is right now. As a current Teacher, I know there is a huge market up in Elementary Schools. But, I have always enjoyed the hospital setting. I would love to cooperate with Physicans and other health care practictioners.

What precentage of your patients do you refer to an Audiologist or SLP for treatment.

-----
Also I looked forever for the ENT forum, theres much more to the ENT profession than surgery, you guys definetly need your own forum. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say 20-25% of my patients, maybe more, get referred to audiology.

I'd say about 5% of my patients get referred to SLP. If I did more cancer, that number would be a lot higher.

Not sure that gives you an idea for demand--I have no idea what the "need" is for SLP. In my area, pt's get seen in 2-3 days if needed so that should tell you they're busy but not overwhelmed.

Depending on where you want a job, there are always hospital jobs out there. I work very closely with my SLP's for pts needing voice tx and swallowing tx. Often refer for videostrobes, MBS, etc. I can't tell you what the job demand is overall, though.