How old are you Carribean Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helpfuldoc2b

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How old are you guys?

Members don't see this ad.

I would be more worried if I were younger than 25 because that means you might not be old enough to learn from your mistakes.

Late 20's for me...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, that's the range of some Carib students I personally knew. It's like going to school with your grandpa :laugh: .O'K, I'm 36.5 y.o, though no longer a Carib student, and hopefully a U.S student quite soon. Don't let the age thing intimidate you to "not goign for it". You do need to consider your state of health, the ability to handle the rigors of med school, and most importantly residency. But it has been done before, it will be done again, and again..

Best of Luck :luck:

Yup, that's the range of some Carib students I personally knew. It's like going to school with your grandpa :laugh: .O'K, I'm 36.5 y.o, though no longer a Carib student, and hopefully a U.S student quite soon. Don't let the age thing intimidate you to "not goign for it". You do need to consider your state of health, the ability to handle the rigors of med school, and most importantly residency. But it has been done before, it will be done again, and again..

Best of Luck :luck:

Thanks for being one of the few to answer the question Billy. I wasnt asking for ranges I can find on websites. I was asking WHAT IS YOUR AGE. And if you guys dont mind sharing what did you do before the going to the Carib and what drove you there?

will be 21 in may

22 and attending in the fall

27 and starting at Ross in May. I'll be celebrating my 28th on the island in June! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
jus turned 23 n goin to SGU this fall :D

30 in a few days... PGY 1.. here I come..

30 in a few days... PGY 1.. here I come..

Do you ever see any difference in the way you are treated because you are not a 24-26 year old medical student/graduate?

im 23 turning 24 soon... i came because

1. i decided very late in my university career to go to med school
2. didn't want to take a postbacc with its required extra loans ($$$$)
3. didnt think i had a very good shot at getting accepted into a US school

hence, im here in a caribbean school.

I'm 22. Average age is around 26 at SMU. I was urged by a couple of US schools to reapply because of my "potential", but I really didn't see the point in spending another year working to improve my application while I could be on my way to becoming a doctor.

Do you ever see any difference in the way you are treated because you are not a 24-26 year old medical student/graduate?

who are you? do you even attend school? any school?

who are you? do you even attend school? any school?

Who am I? That is a question we all ask ourselves every day. It is a dynamic question with an answer that varies from day to day and eventually culminates in a conclusion that is often clear in the final moments of our terrestrial contemplations. I am the wind, the sun, the earth. I am a tree and the bumblebee that harvests the nectar of flowers. I am everywhere and nowhere all at once. I am you and you are I. Look in the mirror, and you will see!