How old are you guys?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twinsmom

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I am thinking that maybe I am too old to apply for Pharmacy school. :(:(

Members don't see this ad.

you are never too old to get an education. society has made it to where you feel like you have to jump into school right after you graduate from high school or rush everything period.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am hoping to be a P1 next year when I'm 30. I do think non-traditional students have more issues in terms of mortgages, children, etc., but I think we bring more maturity to the table. I also don't like how society seems to make it out like you must have your act together and be done with school in your twenties. Hasn't worked for me! :laugh:

Sometimes I am thinking that maybe I am too old to apply for Pharmacy school. :(:(

Nah, age doesn't matter right?

How old are you anyway?

I'm 17 and i'm in my 2nd year nursing course. I've got lots of classmates who are older than me but it doesn't matter. We get along pretty well.:)

I'm 22, but I have a 3 year old, a husband, and a huge ass rent payment due every month. (I can't gripe because we do live on a golf course.)

Oh, and back on the OT, in my class, there are some people in their late 30's, 40's and some over 50.

I am 32 and the 8th oldest person in my class (I think, we made a list one day when we were bored). The oldest is 38. The youngest just turned 20. I am also married, have a 3.5 year old, a moderate mortgage, rent on my apartment at school (different cities) and other life pressures. Those things aren't unique to older students though.

18 with a 3 month old :eek:....stressed out..haha. I'm only in my first year of prepharmacy and I can see it's going to be a juggling act for the next few years.

edit: by the way, my girlfriend (sons mother) is also doing getting her associates in nursing. Both of us going to school along with our son is alot of work!

wow, some of you guys had baby so early! I am almost 27 and will have my babies in about 2 months.

I'll be 28 next month and I start my P2 year tomorrow. There are several people in my class that are 20 now (they were 19 when they started), but we also have lots of people in their late 20's & early 30's. I think that the oldest in my class is 55 or so (maybe older, I haven't asked him). The average age in my class is probably 25.

No kids yet, but I've been married for 8 years. We're hoping to pop one out pretty soon after I graduate, depending on the job/residency situation.

In the next five years, you can either be five years older, or be five years older and be a pharmacist.

I'm 25 and start P1 this fall. In my school, we have several students in their 30s, 40s, and 50s.

It's never too late!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, age doesn't matter right?

How old are you anyway?

I'm 17 and i'm in my 2nd year nursing course. I've got lots of classmates who are older than me but it doesn't matter. We get along pretty well.:)

first off, wow, sharmei17, you're beautiful! and lastly, to answer the question on this topic. i'm 24, turning 25 in a few months and i'm just starting on my path to becoming a pharmacist after 6 years as a nuclear electronics technician in the navy. Looks like i'll be around 32 when i get there. I don't think that's too old, right?

Im 21 with a 1 year old

Wow! I think I will probably be 30 when I finally step in the door to pharmacy school.I am curious about having a mortgage and other expenses while in school. How does that work? Do you get financial aid to cover the mortgage and apartment expenses?

Wow! I think I will probably be 30 when I finally step in the door to pharmacy school.I am curious about having a mortgage and other expenses while in school. How does that work? Do you get financial aid to cover the mortgage and apartment expenses?

I get 18 grand for living expenses during the year, but I think it depends on where you go.

I am 32 and the 8th oldest person in my class (I think, we made a list one day when we were bored). The oldest is 38. The youngest just turned 20. I am also married, have a 3.5 year old, a moderate mortgage, rent on my apartment at school (different cities) and other life pressures. Those things aren't unique to older students though.

Wow! I think I will probably be 30 when I finally step in the door to pharmacy school.I am curious about having a mortgage and other expenses while in school. How does that work? Do you get financial aid to cover the mortgage and apartment expenses? I know I just moved, and now have a mortgage, but I definitely want to try and go to school, too....

Ill be 34 on Aug 29th. Im hoping to start Pharmacy school Fall 2008. Im married and I have four kids. They are my heart and my motivation. I plan on living to at least 100 :D . So, I consider myself still pretty young. Im going to get older anyway so Im going for it. Not working means we live in a financial nightmare sometimes but we are fine.

that's because students in RP enter college at 16 and receive their Bachelor's by age 20 :cool:

24 over here...took some time to figure things out, but i feel way behind =(

I'm 25 and married with no kids. I have a BBA in management but once I started working I realized that I was making no money and didn't like Corporate America AT ALL. Chemistry is what I really enjoy...that and being BROKE motivated me to get my @$$ back in school for pharmacy. SO I have 2 years of prereqs to take while working full time to keep on top of the bills and I hope to enter pharmacy school in 2009, when I am 27. So...if all goes as planned, I will be 31 when I get out. Yeah I feel a little old...but my dad started college when he was 27 and went to get an engineering degree, a masters in engineering, and an MBA...my mom started at 27 and got her BSN. So...obviously they have had their degrees almost my whole life and that seems like a long time to me. :) Plus...knowing that I want kids one day also motivates me because I don't want to be broke and trying to raise kids...it seems hard enough already. :D

I hope to start pharmacy school in 2009 when I'll be 43. I'm a single dad, have a mortgage and my son will 17 when I start. I do have some worries about we'll make ends meet, but I know it will all work out.

I will be 30 next week and applying for the first time this year.

I'm 25 now, applying for fall 2008. With God's grace I'll be in next year at 26. Feel like i'm too old.

I'm 29...and hope to start pharm school next year when I'm 30.

So many married people in grad school. I was hoping I would meet someone in grad school.

wow, some of you guys had baby so early! I am almost 27 and will have my babies in about 2 months.

Hey! I'm almost 27 too--that's not too old!!!

I think I'm in the average age range in my school. There are a lot of people that are older than me in my class.

Ill be 34 on Aug 29th. Im hoping to start Pharmacy school Fall 2008. Im married and I have four kids. They are my heart and my motivation. I plan on living to at least 100 :D . So, I consider myself still pretty young. Im going to get older anyway so Im going for it. Not working means we live in a financial nightmare sometimes but we are fine.

You've said it-- 34 is young! My boyfriend's 38 and he keeps complaining about how he'll be 40 soon. I'm like you know what--wait until you're 50, then you'll be wishing you were 40 again. I say it's all in your perspective. If you think of yourself as old, well, I guess you are old then. But you can be 60 and still be young.

That's another good point you bring up-- who cares how old you start? I know it sucks that you didn't get into it any sooner, but as you said, you're only going to get older. I've heard of some people who are like, but it's going to take me 6 years to get done with pharmacy school and then I'll be 40. Well, how old are you going to be in 6 years if you don't go to pharmacy school?

It's like parking spots once you get to graduate school. The only good ones left are handicapped.

Well the thing is I never even thought about getting married in college. That just seemed really weird to me and none of my friends did in college, but everyone here is like married already. Do you wives let your husbands go to like frat parties and stuff?

Anyways I know you were joking about the comment, maybe its because women like to get maried quickly and guys usually want to play the field a bit before locking up their tackle box. And WVUPharm2007 aren't you going to a school known for being a bit of a party school? I started laughing thinking about people partying and drinking with a wedding ring and taking calls from their wife/husband while hiding in a bush as to where they are.

I'm 23, the average age of entering students in my class is in between 22 and 23, and I'm finding that a lot of people are either engaged or married!:eek:

Meanwhile, I haven't gone on one date yet. My social life is sad........:oops:

I am currently 22 years old and I'll turn 23 right before I (hopefully) enter pharmacy school in the Fall of 2008!!!

I'm 23, the average age of entering students in my class is in between 22 and 23, and I'm finding that a lot of people are either engaged or married!:eek:

Meanwhile, I haven't gone on one date yet. My social life is sad........:oops:

I couldn't date in pharmacy school either...

My wife wouldn't let me.

I couldn't date in pharmacy school either...

My wife wouldn't let me.

HA!

If I was going to party while at pharmacy school...then my husband would just come party with me. Being married doesn't necessiarily = being old or boring. :D

Last edited:
I'm 38 now and will probably be 41 or 42 :eek: when i start Pharmacy school.

HA!

If I was going to party while at pharmacy school...then my husband would just come party with me. Being married doesn't necessiarily = being old or boring. :D

I think there is a difference in lifestyle between being married and being married + kids. Being married = maybe you can still go party. Being married + kids = not so much. We still get to a few, rare parties but it is mainly family time all the way.

I think there is a difference in lifestyle between being married and being married + kids. Being married = maybe you can still go party. Being married + kids = not so much. We still get to a few, rare parties but it is mainly family time all the way.

That's when it's nice to live close to the grandparents!! :D
We just drop them off, tuck them in and pick them up in the morning.

im turning 20 in january...but i will be 21 when i go to pharmacy school (hopefully :) )

i'm 18. . . this saturday im taking my certification exam. . :scared:

how can someone start in pharmacy school at 18! please tell me!