How Old will you be when You start Pharmacy school (2006)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

DC1120 said:
how many of you were re-applicants? and if you reapplied, how many times did you re-apply until you finally got in?

Not a reapplicant... a career-switcher here.

Members don't see this ad :)
About 95 the way things are going now.

i turn 22 next week. and will be that when i enter pharmacy school. lamest birthday ever, honestly who turns 22?

There seems to be a lot of quarter-life crisis career changes going on. :)

just out of curiosity... what did you all do before making the decision to puruse pharmacy? Was it pharmacy related, healthcare related, or something completely different?

Baxter81 said:
Saw this in another forum...

But I was curious to know how old everyone will be when starting pharmacy school for Fall 2006???

As for me, I will be 24 year old.

If I start this August, I will be 30 years old, going on 31.

Members don't see this ad :)
will be 22......

29 for me!!!!!

chudson said:
Because I am a returning student ( b.s. in Psych in 2003) I will be the ripe old age of 27 or 28 when I finish my pre-req's and start pharm d school. I'm old!!! :eek:

Dont worry!! Better late then never!

24 for me. I didn't get interested in pharmacy till my senior year of college. Luckily I had a decent amount of prereq's finished up because I was premed for a little while.

DC1120 said:
just out of curiosity... what did you all do before making the decision to puruse pharmacy? Was it pharmacy related, healthcare related, or something completely different?

I am a Chemist (ie the "TheChemist" name).

again, 30 and I am a molecular biologist and protein chemist.

manapharm said:
again, 30 and I am a molecular biologist and protein chemist.

I will be turning 29 when I start this fall, switching careers from a chemist (drug delivery and development)...first time applicant

be turning 21 after a month school start :)

Turning 26 a week before school starts :wow:

If I get in I'll be 20!

Yeah, I am a career switcher as well! Time to move on to greener pastures! ;)

DC1120 said:
Well, I was a chemist first. Fortunately, I realized that I hated lab before I got out of school the first time. Spent 10 years doing environmental consulting (Superfund sites, business assistance, etc.) - then I got a job as a pharmacy tech so I would have a shorter commute instead of 2+ hours per day. Things just sort of went from there.

Itoohaveadream said:
So i'm sure we all kinda conjure up a person with each sdn screen name. For you, I conjured up a 21 year old.. hehe... I wonder how many more wrong ones i have...

I'll be 22

hahha... yeah i shocked myself too when i wrote my age down... I was like, Man I cant believe I'm 27! Just yesterday I was 21... hehe time sure flies. :)

I will turn 23, 2 months before school starts!

19 or 20 depending on how things go! I'm a youngster :)

DC1120 said:
Teacher by day... personal trainer when I have/had spare time

for all you career switchers, do you have any idea on what field in pharmacy you would like to get in to. i feel like you guys have probably given it a little more thought than we have.

Ironically, I will be celebrating my 31st birthday on the first day of classes at Midwestern. I hope they go easy on me. :D

DC1120 said:

I worked as an analytical chemist at an environmental chemistry lab for over two years. They pay was crap, no room for upward mobility, and lab work was just not my thing..

I'll be 25 when I start....have a previous degree in Nutrition

n0estoy said:
for all you career switchers, do you have any idea on what field in pharmacy you would like to get in to. i feel like you guys have probably given it a little more thought than we have.

I am switching careers from the airline industry to pharmacy and I am used to dealing with the public on all levels (the good, the bad and the really really NASTY!!) So, I will probably work retail after I graduate to pay off some debt. It will also allow me to have a flexible schedule until my son is older. After that it will depend on if I feel like going back to school to get my PhD (UCSF has a great Pharmacogenomics program) or continue to pursue areas in hospital pharmacy or some other clinical area. I am sure my mind will change several times before I graduate from pharmacy school. I am still considering the dual program PharmD/MBA that USN offers as well, but I don't have to decide that until the second year. :)

I'll turn 25 the month before schools starts... but I look 21 ;)
I am not a career switcher seeing as how I've never had a "career" per se. Unless professional student is a career! heehee :laugh:
I did get a degree in Psychology in 2004 for what it's worth. ;)

24 but I look about 19 or 20

i'll be 19!!

genuine, you do NOT look 27. i think i just had a heart attack. you look like you're my age! or how i should look bc i think i look like i'm 14...

21....if someone accepts me!!!!!!

22, but all of my mom's friends say i look 16 :oops: