How ready is "ready"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lilith

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard some people say, "don't take the MCAT if you are not ready." I am just wondering what are your definition of being ready for the August test.

Members don't see this ad.

When your eyes are continuously red, your chest burns and you'll be DAMNED if you have to do it again.

You're not "ready" if you continually have to ask people if you are sufficiently "ready."

If you are consistently scoring 10 points less than your minimum target MCAT score, on Kaplan/TPR/BR/EK *and* AAMC tests (this is the most important criterion), then you are not ready.

i would probably narrow that down to 4 points. 4 points is out of the expected range of error using practice tests as predictive diagnostic tools (assuming a +/-3 point window, on average). If you are consistenly out of your window, then you are very likely to end up with a lower score then you expected.

You are certainly not ready for the actual test if you don't have a target score and really good sense of whether or not that score is achievable based on practice test history.