how realistic are NS exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morrisol

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that no thing is as close as AAMC, but in regards to c/p and b/b are next step exams good for practice?

i got killed on thier cars though so that worries me

Members don't see this ad.

I think they’re good for getting used to seeing incredibly dense and difficult passages and learning to remain calm when doing them. I don’t think they represent AAMC at all.

That’s my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree that they are good for practicing the endurance of a FL.

C/P is too calculation heavy. Helps prepare for the worst.
CARS is a nightmare. This is NS weakest point IMO. I didn't even review these and focused on AAMC instead.
B/B was dense, but overall fairly representative.
P/S was actually less dense, but overall good practice.

NS were the only full lengths that I completed aside from AAMC. I felt like C/P and B/B were a breeze when I moved onto AAMC. Overall, I thought they were good practice except for CARS.

I agree that they are good for practicing the endurance of a FL.

C/P is too calculation heavy. Helps prepare for the worst.
CARS is a nightmare. This is NS weakest point IMO. I didn't even review these and focused on AAMC instead.
B/B was dense, but overall fairly representative.
P/S was actually less dense, but overall good practice.

NS were the only full lengths that I completed aside from AAMC. I felt like C/P and B/B were a breeze when I moved onto AAMC. Overall, I thought they were good practice except for CARS.
thats good to hear. im looking for c/p and b/b passages that are overly difficult. i have a tendency to freak out when i see something i cant remember or dont know so i would rather get good at more challenging passages

Members don't see this ad :)
At least compared to Kaplan, I personally think that NS (specifically CARS) is much better practice, especially for endurance/timing. Kaplan’s CARS passages are shorter than those on the AAMC. I took my first AAMC FL last month after practicing with Kaplan’s FL’s and CARS q-bank for a several months prior, and was getting 128s and 129s in CARS on Kaplan’s FLs, then I dropped to a 125 on my first AAMC FL because I had to guess for my entire last passage since I was so short on time. Long story short, I stopped using Kaplan completely and have only been practicing with AAMC FL’s/ q-bank and NS FLs for the past month, and after taking my second AAMC FL two days ago, I got CARS back up to 129 since I was better adjusted to the passage length

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

At least compared to Kaplan, I personally think that NS (specifically CARS) is much better practice, especially for endurance/timing. Kaplan’s CARS passages are shorter than those on the AAMC. I took my first AAMC FL last month after practicing with Kaplan’s FL’s and CARS q-bank for a several months prior, and was getting 128s and 129s in CARS on Kaplan’s FLs, then I dropped to a 125 on my first AAMC FL because I had to guess for my entire last passage since I was so short on time. Long story short, I stopped using Kaplan completely and have only been practicing with AAMC FL’s/ q-bank and NS FLs for the past month, and after taking my second AAMC FL two days ago, I got CARS back up to 129 since I was better adjusted to the passage length

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
do you have any tips for cars? i cant seem to be consistent with it