Medical How should I add new contact tracer position to application after submitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just selected by state health department to be a contact tracer and start making calls today. Med school application has already been submitted and verified, obviously without this activity included. Should contact tracing be used as an update to application after amassing x number of hours, or should it be included in the "anything else to add that's not on your application" question for secondaries?

I would put it in your secondaries so they can use it to make interview decisions. It's a wonderful experience that gets you into public health, and I would be interested in talking to you about it if I were interviewing you.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on when you get that question prompt "anything to add". If you get it in an interview after you have had some time to work as a tracer, that would be appropriate for sure. I don't know when you'd start training, but you could mention it in your secondary application if prompted.

Status
Not open for further replies.