• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar
Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
I have been wracking my brain over how to answer this question: How have you identified and responded to adversity?
I have a few options:
1) Dealing with the loss of a friend, lab partner, and class mate to over dose (which I have already touched on in my personal statement)
2) My dad getting laid off from work and how that impacted me and my family/ what I learned from it
3) Responding to the Christchurch Mosque shootings as a Muslim and a student leader at my university
If you've already talked about number 1 in your personal statement, number 2 seems like a great choice. 3 seems like a great choice, but I am partial to number 2 provided given you've already framed your response as "what did I learn from this?"

TheBoneDoctah

7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I wouldn’t rehash what you have used in your personal statement. Use number two IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2011
Status
Academic Administration
Choice 2 sounds more interesting as you have described the choices. I'd be intrigued in #3 if I had more information where it was clearer what your adversity was on a personal note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Ads