How should I approach the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cnt w8 2B an MD

Livin the dream
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I will have completed all my prereqs except for physics this semester and I plan on taking an MCAT princeton review class this summer. I will begin physics I in the fall so I don't know if it's worth it to take the MCAT before that. I am a very fast learner however and had AP physics in high school... Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Sooo...only you know how comfortable you are in physics but I would definitely say that taking the MCAT befor finishing physics COULD be a waste of your time. To be sure, take a practice test and see how you do and see what subjects you know well already and those that you need to improve. It's never TOO early to start studying though. I wish I had done that. Go get a MCAT book from a book store so you can see the major topics that you'll see on the MCAT and start reviewing those topics TODAY!!!! But honestly I saw the most improvement in my test scores be repeatedly taking tests. I had the time, so I would take one test a day. The MCAT is much more a test of endurance and strategy than actual content.

Hope that was some what helpful. Good luck!!!