How should I format bullet style in my app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted74029

Instead of writing paragraphs in the work/activities section I want to use bullets. Since its not a word document I know I cant use actual bullets. So what type of character should I use to separate them?

Members don't see this ad.

I would at least use short sentences, but if you're stuck on bullets just use a dash like this:

-Did this
-And this
-And finally this

When you're done with your application you can print it and see how it would look when the med schools get it.

AMCAS tends to mess up formatting in the activities section and blur separate paragraphs together into a single one (at least it did when I was applying). I would recommend avoiding using bullet points as it will likely be a formatting nightmare.

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS tends to mess up formatting in the activities section and blur separate paragraphs together into a single one (at least it did when I was applying). I would recommend avoiding using bullet points as it will likely be a formatting nightmare.

From what I hear that has changed this year which is why I'm considering bulleting, I also was just taking some advice from LizzyM who says she wouldn't mind seeing an app formatted in such a way.

Yeah I wouldn't trust the formatting - I put my in lines with breaks in between them under some activities, and it still ended up in one giant paragraph.

So your application may end up looking like this:

-task a - task b - task c - task d - task e

I just looked at my PDF by logging into AMCAS and choosing print application and formatting stayed. I did this type of formatting:

-Shadowing
--Shadowed Dr. X
--Talked to patients
-Next thing

I only used one dash, but the forum settings won't recognize the <space> and then dash mark.

i did bullets last year for my activities a la resume style and several of my interviewers commented on it as a unique and refreshing way to see the app and what i found most important in one quick glance over.