Medical How should I handle academic probation on ACCOMAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the academic infraction portion of the application, I was really confused to mention if I should specifically mentioned how I was sexually assaulted my freshmen year, because after that it lead me to poor grades which resulted me being in academic probation.

The app question states "If you answered "Yes" to the previous question, you must provide an explanation. Include 1) a brief description of the incident and/or arrest, 2) specific charge made, 3) related dates, 4) consequence, and 5) a reflection on the incident and how the incident has impacted your life.".

How should I go about in this situation for those questions?
Very sorry to hear of this. Just tell the truth. Sadly, you're not the first person in this situation.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you, lucky I got help and was able to bounce back .I'm just having trouble incorporating it into those academic probation questions. Should I mention it on question 5 where I do a reflection of my academic probation
You're going to need some help with a counselor with whom you probably worked with in recovering from the assault on how to address the situation. The prompts are more designed to elicit some "guilt" for having done something "wrong" by not studying due to lacking motivation to succeed, and not intended to traumatize you (seriously, some feedback needs to be provided to the prompt writers). Note that anything you disclose becomes fair game for interviews and deliberation of your application. So to that end you may need to be less clear in that you were experiencing personal health issues but was unable to take medical leave...

Status
Not open for further replies.