How should I respond?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlowJoe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an email from a resident at a program that I am applying to (which is pretty high on my list). The resident went to my school. However, the content of the email referred to personal information that is specific to one of my other classmates who also applied to the same program. It basically said how they like me/him? and how they hope I/he is considering them for residency. So my queston is did she mean to email me (let's say for recruitment reasons since we went to the same school) and she got me confused with my classmate when writing the email or did she really mean to write the email to my classmate? Also how should I respond? "Hi, I liked the program and would love to be there however I think you may be confusing me with my classmate as far as the personal details of the email"??? I'd appreciate anyone's opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sounds like the person goofed and sent the email to the wrong person, though its a little hard to tell based on your description. If there was personal information about someone else... you have to wonder why that would be there.

Does the email require a response? You don't always have to write back. Kind of depends on how it was written.

That's weird.
It sounds like they screwed up.
If you like the program, I'd write short reply telling them how much you liked the program, and why, etc. You may want to mention that perhaps they had you confused with this other person/applicant.