How similar is Bootcamp Dat to the actual exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

How similar is the structure of the questions and difficulty from bootcamp to the actual exam (for all sections or specific sections)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

BIO: This section is really random so it is hard to tell which one is more difficult. But the questions are really straight up facts so it's good to have lot of resources.
OC: very similar. The wordings of the DAT are really similar to boot camp. I did score higher on actual DAT though.
GC: Same as OC. It is very similar. Bootcamp is perfect for both OC and GC.
RC: I found this section on actual DAT a lot harder than it was on bootcamp. I ran out of time on my real DAT but I think that's because English is my second language. Or I just suck at reading, haha.
PA: I thought this section was straight copy from bootcamp since it was really, really similar. Make sure you try the generators on bootcamp. It helped me a lot! CDP helped me on angle ranking and hole punching but pattern folding and key holes are lot harder in the real DAT and bootcamp is the real deal.
QR: I found bootcamp harder than the actual DAT. The wordings are very similar!

I highly recommend you to get bootcamp. I used the bootcamp for one week before DAT, and I can definitely say that bootcamp helped me so much! Good luck on your DAT!

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with almost everything Kang said except I found RC to be easier on the real thing. The answers were more search & destroy rather than comprehension.

BIO: This section is really random so it is hard to tell which one is more difficult. But the questions are really straight up facts so it's good to have lot of resources.
OC: very similar. The wordings of the DAT are really similar to boot camp. I did score higher on actual DAT though.
GC: Same as OC. It is very similar. Bootcamp is perfect for both OC and GC.
RC: I found this section on actual DAT a lot harder than it was on bootcamp. I ran out of time on my real DAT but I think that's because English is my second language. Or I just suck at reading, haha.
PA: I thought this section was straight copy from bootcamp since it was really, really similar. Make sure you try the generators on bootcamp. It helped me a lot! CDP helped me on angle ranking and hole punching but pattern folding and key holes are lot harder in the real DAT and bootcamp is the real deal.
QR: I found bootcamp harder than the actual DAT. The wordings are very similar!

I highly recommend you to get bootcamp. I used the bootcamp for one week before DAT, and I can definitely say that bootcamp helped me so much! Good luck on your DAT!
For me, the PAT and RC on the actual DAT were a LOT easier than on BC, most notably the TFE section (since this was my weakest section, I found the difference in difficulty to be most obvious). I found the passages in BC's RC more advanced. As with NilocDent, I agree that the questions were almost all SnD. Lastly, BC's QR had some questions that weren't particularly hard, but were extremely time consuming (ex: which of 5 measurements is the largest?). I used up all the time I had for every section for BC, but I had 10 minutes remaining for PAT, 15 minutes for QR, and 5 minutes for RC on the actual DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, can you please tell about Bootcamp, is it a book ? if so what is its ISBN ?
Thank you in advance.

If you want something most similar to the DAT my friends have recommended to me that the 2009 DAT that the ADA released is the most similar to the actual dat. Made sense to me that an actual test is most similar.

It's almost impossible to tell. there are different versions of the DAT. Some students say their test was extremely easy some say it was very hard. Nobody knows the exact format of the test ( level of the difficulty ). It also depends on the student. Some are smart some are not. It's a simple fact. The best way to prepare is study as if your life depends on it.