How soon are GRE scores received by schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

forthedistance

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how long it takes for a school to receive your score once you pay for your score to be sent from the ETS website? Is it snail mail/email/fax?

Just wondering because I'm assuming that my school needs the GRE score by the deadline, and I'm not sure how early I need to send them in to make that deadline. 1 week, 2 weeks, longer? (procrastinating because I'm unsure if I still want to include this school)
 
GRE sends out scores on Tuesday and Thursday of each week. It usually takes 5-8 days for the school or PTCAS to receive them.