How soon to hear ICO acceptance? And financial aid question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

London22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I just interviewed at ICO and they mentioned we would be able to find out acceptances the first week of April.
Has anyone had the experience of hearing back sooner from them?

Also does anyone know if the loan amounts your approved for significantly varies by school?
For example I know they cap you at $20,500 a year for the fed unsub loans which is no issue for me, I qualify to receive that. But for the other loans offered based on parent hardships might be different per school.

I was awarded $15,000 in 0 interest loans for 5 years at 1 school so if I don't receive that at another school that I like equally then it could sway my decision. Assuming I end up getting that same award each year thats $60k of my schooling interest free for 5 years. It's a lot of interest I could save and a lot of federal unsub loans that I can avoid taking out.

Members don't see this ad.

When I interviewed at ICO, I was told that the admissions committee meets every two weeks and that they mail out their decision letters, but if you call the Friday two weeks after your interview, they should be able to tell you their decision.

For the unsub loan, the schools are actually able to extend the $20,500 cap to $40,500 for the first year (it's a little more for the others). This is the same for every school I believe.

Reactions: 1 user