How to answer Dec 2 "PHONE" call!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soydentista

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a silly question but I am hoping to get an acceptance phone call December 2nd, and not sure how I am suppose to react or answer this phone call? I feel that I will be jumping, screaming and crying of joy or should I act very professional ? OMG!! What do we say?
Professional: yes, sir.. thank you so much for this opportunity I will have an answer to your offer soon.
or
Unprofessional: YES, yes, YES, thank you , thank you, thank you 100x, I am so excited I accept, I accept!!!
Hard to know how someone will react to this, lol

Members don't see this ad.

"'Bout time, I was about to board my plane to Cabo...Yea, I'll give you a look--You're welcome!"

But seriously, it's a good thing to think about this beforehand. A simple thank you, a small compliment to the school, and an appropriate salutation is probably fine. Best not to giggle uncontrollably.

It's okay to be excited. They probably expect it. I've heard from two people that it's fun to make those calls. It's not like they'll yank your acceptance for being a little excited. Thank them and be cordial and be done. Just accept it. They don't know what other acceptances you have (or don't have). No need to say much more than that.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
(Before i even say hello) OMGGGGG I AM ACCEPTED AREN'T I??? WOOOOHOOOO (start crying, jump up and down, do backflips, break my back)

lol jk
Just be yourself and say thank you for this opportunity, you're already accepted just be yourself haha don't over think it.

Hahaha. As soon as you see the area code you'll probably freak, compose yourself, answer the phone, thank them, hang up, and then resume to freak. The worst would be if someone with the same area code as schools you've interviewed was calling you. I would lose my mind and rage out on the poor bastard.

Them: You accepted to XXX university!!!!

ME: And?

Them... (totally didn't see this coming)

ME: Any scholarships coming my way?

THem... Um.. Sure..... how does 2 years covered sound?

ME: I need to speak with my wife first.. But thanks for the offer. Ill keep that in mind.... Hold on... another is coming in from..... Cambridge.... hold on it'll just take a second......

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure that they would think that something is wrong if you weren't excited!

A couple of the schools I interviewed at told the applicants to act excited even when the call came in, even if we already knew our status via AADSAS portal update.

You just got accepted to dental school, if you're excited, BE EXCITED. dont over think this. I probably wouldn't tell them whether or not you accept over the phone though.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone has those customized voice mail? it's probably wise to update and set it either to default or add your name to it.

:)

anyone has those customized voice mail? it's probably wise to update and set it either to default or add your name to it.

Yeah. And ditch the ringback, nothing is more infuriating and unprofessional than listening to Soulja Boy while waiting for an answer.

*mix of yelling and crying asking why I didn't get in last year*

I am considering recording!!! So I can play it over and over =)

Members don't see this ad :)
^^that would be good.

Asian accent would be good also. Especially if you feel that you need additional confirmation because you can't just believe you got in, you could use an Asian accent and act like you can't understand them and have them repeat it to you.

I love the direction this thread went ;)

But in all honesty, I plan to turn off my phone and keep it the eff away from myself at all times on 12/2 and 12/3. I also don't plan to check my email then either. I just don't want to be tempted to anxiously check my messages all day.

Also, if a school happens to call me then I will have a lovely voicemail saved to replay over and over and over again, for my satisfaction :)

I love the direction this thread went ;)

But in all honesty, I plan to turn off my phone and keep it the eff away from myself at all times on 12/2 and 12/3. I also don't plan to check my email then either. I just don't want to be tempted to anxiously check my messages all day.

Also, if a school happens to call me then I will have a lovely voicemail saved to replay over and over and over again, for my satisfaction :)
You've been waiting for all this time! Aren't you going to he so anxious to know on Dec 1st! Some good will power you have

Them: You accepted to XXX university!!!!

ME: And?

Them... (totally didn't see this coming)

ME: Any scholarships coming my way?

THem... Um.. Sure..... how does 2 years covered sound?

ME: I need to speak with my wife first.. But thanks for the offer. Ill keep that in mind.... Hold on... another is coming in from..... Cambridge.... hold on it'll just take a second......

I like it. Remind them who's in charge.

You've been waiting for all this time! Aren't you going to he so anxious to know on Dec 1st! Some good will power you have

Well, what's a couple more days of waiting at this point? My plan will make me less of a nervous wreck. It'll also make more productive at work, as I won't be checking my phone every 3 seconds ;)

In high school, one of my friends' voicemail message was "Hello? *pauses 3 seconds* Hi, sorry, I'm not here right now. (blah blah blah)" Always fooled me. Now that I'm thinking about it, I hope she changed that before she applied for jobs, lol.

i propose a drinking game:

for every instance someone gets into a school you haven't heard anything from (but also interviewed at)...take a shot

Reactions: 3 users
i propose a drinking game

for every instance someone gets into a school you haven't heard anything from (but also interviewed at)...take a shot
Well, I wont be getting drunk with this game lol...I only got two interviews, only two shots for

Yea...I just realized that UTSD calls you in the morning, so I can't get hammered if I get into SA (my #1) the night before.

Reactions: 3 users
Yea...I just realized that UTSD calls you in the morning, so I can't get hammered if I get into SA (my #1) the night before.
sure you can..that's why voicemail was created:thumbup:

When does San Antonio tell us? I thought they said Dec 2nd in the morning!

Anyone know when GRU plans to make their calls?

So will the AADSAS portal update on Dec. 1 then? Or will that happen after the phone calls?

If I get a call on Dec 2 I plan to answer in true David After Dentist style with "IS THIS REAL LIFE?!"

Picture+3.png

I'm just going to bust my spanish and go like: " si, si, ok."
Adcom: @.@

I'm sure I'll be so happy/anxious/nervous at the same time, I'll most likely forget my own name and say thank you about 1000000X :laugh:

I'm gonna make my ringtone "Celebrate Good Times". Then when I pick up the phone, they'll say, "Oh sorry, called the wrong person... You actually didn't get in".... and then I lock myself in the bathroom and cry, lol.

What I'm probably going to do is just try to hold it together during the call and then cry out of joy afterwards. Either way I'll be crying and drinking (responsibly) at the end of the day, haha.

I think phone calls are better!!! :) and then email so I can read it over and over to pump up my EGO, now lets :xf: and stay super ++++ ...